six

Not edited.

𝗦𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗥 𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚
𝟮𝟰 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝗹𝗱
♏︎

602-882-3291:
Seems like I got tired of waiting on you to use my number pretty 10:30 pm

you know who this is, text me when you see dis. 10:31 pm

Samir stared down at the read text, closing out of the message thread and shutting off his phone. It had been a month since Samir had first sent the text, and in that month he had received no response. He thought they had hit it off at the get together and he had given her his number in hopes that she would text him

But unfortunately there hasn't been a word from her.

Samir wasn't sure why he was so frustrated that she didn't text back, but he was and that confused him.

Sure she was pretty—no, gorgeous... and exactly Samir's type—he normally would never let a woman get so under his skin like this.

It wasn't exactly easy getting her number. He had to practically beg a drunk Rasheed to give it to him—which was incredibly unlike his character—but drunk or not Rasheed was certainly putting up a fight. However a drunk Rasheed was definitely way easier to get information out of.

When he first texted he knew it was a bit late, so he wasn't very concerned about her texting him back right away. But when he had woken back up from going out with Rasheed and all that was left was a bolded read under the message he had a feeling he wasn't going to.

He was never one to be stood up by a girl, as cocky as it may have sounded. It was unusual for him to be ghosted like this.

Maybe it was a sign.

Samir shouldn't even be trying to focus on women when he needed to focus on his career. The break his coach gave him was to help give him time to think, not stress about some girl.

A very pretty girl— nope.

He gripped the metal bar of the heavy weights, lifting them and pushing as his muscles contracted with every motion.

He normally liked to run when he wanted to clear his head, but it had been a while since he had stepped foot in the gym, and even with his layoff he still wanted to make sure his body was right.

Sweat built up on his forehead as he placed the heavy weight back down. Grabbing his towel that hung nearby he wiped it off.

He sipped at his water bottle, glancing at the watch to check the time. He didn't want to stay to late at the gym, it was already nearing 5.

Taking a couple of breathes he moved on to small boxing area in the gym, wrapping gauze around his hand, he shrugged his shoulder.

Might as well.

𝗞𝗜𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗔 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗥
𝟮𝟮 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝗹𝗱
♈︎

when Kianna had first seen Samir's text, it had felt like her heart dropped to her ass.

All she could think about was how he even got her number, as she reread the text over and over again.