thirteen

Not edited.

𝗞𝗜𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗔 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗥
𝟮𝟮 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝗹𝗱
♈︎

It had been a week since Kianna and Samir had last spoken.

Kianna was hating the silence and lack of communication between them. It seemed to her that after what happened in the kitchen their relationship had went downhill.

To Kianna it had to be a sign, maybe they were meant to only be friends, considering that their only 'intimate' moment was seemingly also their downfall.

She could admit it, she missed Samir-badly. Without knowing he had become a major part of her routine and she missed being able to call him whenever she needed to get something off her chest or to simply show him a new hairstyle.

Regardless, she was trying to play everything cool. She had just gotten out of a heartbreak only to be left helpless again. To her, that was a bit embarrassing.

She had taken out her twists and gotten her hair done again on Wednesday. The style was cute and simple; a jet black half up—half down. Other than that she was pretty much free for the entire week, considering she had finished up her orders earlier on.

Kianna took the last bite out of her baked chicken, as she scrolled through tiktok. Late night snacks were always her favorite, and now that she lived alone she could make entire meals for herself with no one to start complaining. She chuckled at the funny videos she saw, ready to send them to Samir before realizing that they weren't on the best of terms.

She sighed, placing her dish in the sink. She realized that the only way they could come to an understanding or work something out between them was if she was the first one to text.

Despite the distance, and everything in between, she still missed her friend, and if there was a chance that she could get him back, no matter how nervous she was, she was going to take it.

Or try to at least.

She sat on her bed, crossing her legs as she contemplated on what to text. It was pretty late so she wasn't to sure if he was even up, she was only up because she got hungry and decided to make something to eat.

Kianna tried to convince her self that no matter what happened she had put in some effort to get them back to where they were, but she understood completely if he never answered.

She never did.

Shaking those thoughts out of her head, she went to their text thread:

Samirr🤞🏽🐛: hey Samir, it's Kianna. Ik it's a bit late but can we talk? Please? I just want to clear the air between us.

𝗦𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗥 𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚
𝟮𝟰 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝗹𝗱
♏︎

Samir pulled the blunt between his lips, inhaling for a bit before exhaling out the smoke.

Ever since his win last week, Rasheed had been taking him to club after club, and since he wasn't needed at the gym until the finals started. He was celebrating to the fullest.

"I know I told you this shit damn near all week, but I'm prouda' you, Mir, forreal." Rasheed told him. He was sat across from him casimigos in his hands as he threw back another shot.