Chapter 8.

👩🏽‍🤝‍👩🏼

We made it to the mall and Paige wanted to go to foot locker for new basketball shoes so that's where we're headed. I noticed how many people payed attention to Paige everywhere we walked people stared.

I didn't notice it the first time we came to the mall together because my head was to wrapped around buying clothes and I had somewhere to be. I even noticed a few people taking pictures but Paige never said anything, honestly I don't even think she noticed.

I guess being famous for so long you learn to ignore it but I'm not famous and it's hard to ignore.

"You don't see all these people starring and taking pictures of us" I whispered to Paige.

Paige looked around which everyone acted as if they were doing nothing the moment she stared.

"So?" Paige said looking down at me.

"See you don't know how to whisper" I said whispering to her while shaking my head.

"What are you even whispering for" she said smiling.

"Stop smiling before they think we flirting" I replied side eyeing her.

She brushed it off and kept smiling she really doesn't understand that this shit is how rumor spread. I wouldn't be surprised if I start getting dirty looks everywhere I step after this.

We made it to foot locker and Paige knew the person working so she wandered off with him. I looked around the store and a pair of shoes caught my eyes.

Granted I don't wear shoes there would probably be a time where I needed them, plus they're fun to collect they look so nice.

"You like those" a familiar voice said.

I turned around to see James.

"James" I smiled giving him a side hug.

"Hey" James said returning the bright smile.

"Yeh I like them" I said grabbing the shoe off the shelf.

"They got them in a size 7" I asked.

"Aye we got the metallic purples in a size 7?" James called to the man Paige was talking to.

"Women's ?" The man asked James.

James didn't answer him he just gave him a "clearly" face.

"Lemme go see, I'll be right back" the man said to Paige before walking off into the back of the store.

Paige was looking at me now. I was trying to figure out what's wrong with her because it was a disgusted and disappointed stare.

'Now I know this girl ain't mad I'm talking to James' I thought to myself raising my eyebrows at her.

She turned away going back to looking at shoes. Just then the man came from the back of the store holding a box.

"This a 7 and a half we ain't have no 7's" he said handing me the box.

"Thank you" I replied taking the box trying on a shoe.

"They good? If not you could try a size 6 or we might have a 6.5" The man asked.

"Nah these good I appreciate it" I smiled thanking him.

"You came with Paige right" he said sitting down beside me.

"Yeh she needed new basketball shoes" I shook my head.

"Always" he said laughing.

"I'm Jalen me and Paige kick it we go to the same college everybody be talking about you I be like "when ima finally meet her" he introduced himself.