Chapter 44 - Following him

So guys here is the next update, I hope you guys will like it😊

Vikram: "Now what to do?"
Pallavi: "I don't know Vikram, but I want to see Ranbir leading a happy marriage life, not like this"
Dida: "That Tanya can help us"

Pallavi: "But how mummy?"
Dida: "That you see my dear"
To which all smiled at that while Vikram looked on in confusion.

The next day, Dida approached Tanya, urging her to impress Ranbir with her love. At first, Tanya was hesitant and reluctant.

Dida: "Tanya, my dear, you have to win Ranbir's heart. Show him your love and devotion. He needs someone who can bring happiness back into his life."

Tanya: "Dida, I can't force someone to love me. It has to happen naturally. I don't want to be with Ranbir if he doesn't feel the same way about me."

Dida's eyes filled with concern and determination as she insisted.

Dida: "But Tanya, you love him, don't you? If you truly love him, you have to make an effort. Sometimes, love needs to be nurtured and grown."

Tanya's heart was conflicted. She pondered over her feelings for Ranbir, trying to reconcile her own desires with the uncertainty of his reciprocation.

Tanya: "It's true, Dida. I do love him, but what if he still holds a place in his heart for Prachi? I don't want to be a mere substitute."

Dida understood Tanya's concerns but encouraged her to take a chance.

Dida: "Love is a complex journey, my dear. You won't know unless you try. Give yourself and Ranbir a chance to discover what lies between you."

With newfound determination, Tanya set out on a mission to capture Ranbir's heart. She planned surprise gestures, cooked his favorite meals, and showered him with affection.

However, her attempts at impressing him often ended up irritating him instead, as he was still grappling with his own emotions.

One evening, Tanya prepared a candlelit dinner for Ranbir, hoping to create a romantic atmosphere.
But Ranbir, lost in his thoughts, grew frustrated.
He slapped her in anger to which she looked on in with tears in her eyes.

Dida: "Ranbir what did you do?"

Ranbir: "Dida you very well know everything and why are you forcing me to love someone else? Please at least why can't you understand me, Dida?"

To which Dida looked on.

Ranbir: "Tanya, I appreciate your efforts, but it's not that simple. My heart still belongs to Prachi. I can't pretend otherwise."

Tanya's heart sank as she heard Ranbir's words.
Tears welled up in her eyes, but she tried to hold them back, not wanting to burden him further.

Tanya: "I understand, Ranbir. I don't want to force you to feel something you don't. I just hoped that maybe, in time, we could find our own love."

Ranbir, seeing Tanya's tears, felt a pang of guilt and sadness.
He realized the pain he was causing her and tried to explain his inner turmoil.

Ranbir: "Tanya, it's not that I don't care about you. It's just... Prachi was a big part of my life. Her absence has left an emptiness that I can't ignore. I don't want to hurt you, but I can't deny my feelings either."

Dida, witnessing the emotional exchange, approached Ranbir with a heavy heart, her voice filled with love and understanding.

Dida: "Ranbir, my child, I know how much you loved Prachi. No one expects you to forget her. But please consider Tanya's love for you. She's willing to stand by your side, to support you and bring happiness back into your life."

Ranbir looked at Dida, his eyes filled with a mix of gratitude and pain.

Ranbir: "Dida, I can't promise that my heart will fully belong to Tanya. But for your sake, and for the sake of my parents' happiness, I will agree to this marriage. I will try my best to be a good husband to her."

Tanya, still teary-eyed, reentered the room, hearing Ranbir's words.
She took a deep breath and spoke softly.

Tanya: "Ranbir, I understand that you're not ready to move on completely. But I promise to be patient and understanding. If you're willing to give us a chance, I'll be there for you, hoping that love will find its way."

Ranbir nodded, a mixture of gratitude and guilt etched on his face. The decision was made, and the engagement was set.

The days that followed were filled with preparations for the wedding.
Ranbir and Tanya found themselves shopping for their upcoming union, accompanied by family and friends.

As they roamed the shopping mall, unaware of the lurking danger, one of Abhi's goons spotted Ranbir.
The goon quickly left the mall to report his sighting, setting in motion a chain of events that would test their love and resilience.

At Vikram-Pallavi's side:
Pallavi was so happy that Ranbir agreed for the wedding with Tanya.

Pallavi: "I am so happy that my son agreed to the wedding with Tanya.
Finally my son will have a family of his own"

To which she looked at Vikram who was sitting there tensed and sad.

Vikram and Pallavi, ecstatic that Ranbir had agreed to the wedding, couldn't contain their joy.
However, amidst the celebrations, Pallavi couldn't help but notice Vikram's downcast expression.

Pallavi: "Vikram, you seem troubled. What's the matter? Is something bothering you?"

Vikram hesitated for a moment, his eyes filled with sadness and apprehension.

Vikram: "Pallavi, promise me you won't tell anyone about this. It's something I've been carrying on my own, and I haven't found the right time to share it."

Pallavi, worried by Vikram's request, looked at him with concern and reached out to hold his hand.

Pallavi: "Vikram, you know I'll always respect your wishes and keep your secrets safe. Please, tell me what's on your mind. We're in this together."

Taking a deep breath, Vikram gathered his courage to reveal his hidden burden to Pallavi.

Pallavi's eyes widened in shock as she absorbed the weight of Vikram's revelation.
She couldn't believe that he had been silently grappling with such a significant challenge all by himself.

Pallavi: "Oh, Vikram! Why didn't you share this with me earlier? Keeping it to yourself must have been so tough."

Vikram's voice trembled as he responded, his vulnerability laid bare.

Vikram: "I didn't want to burden you, Pallavi. You've already been through so much, and I wanted to protect you from this added stress."

Pallavi's expression softened with empathy, and she gently squeezed Vikram's hand, reassuring him.

Pallavi: "But what about Ranbir?"
To which Vikram looked on sad and tensed.

So guys this is the next update, I hope you guys will like it😊
Please vote and comment😊