ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ

Thursday came, and the last few days for Rose passed very quickly and surprisingly without any major complications. Her friends kept an eye on her, as they ordered, but it turned out to be unnecessary. There was no chance that she would meet the redhead in class. As it turned out, Rose was a year older than her, which equated to completely different lesson plans. The only place where they passed each other was the cafeteria, but Victoria completely ignored her. The brunette wondered what had changed? However, in the back of her mind she still had the thought that it was too quiet in her life, and it could never be that way.

Despite the situation with Victoria, Rose could not forget about Sage, who did not resemble herself lately. There may have been minor quarrels in the hallway, but everyone was surprised that they were not on the same level as a year ago. The brunette herself was surprised when she didn't receive boorish texts from her with her head raised. There was definitely something wrong with the blonde, not that Rose was worried about her, because she wasn't. She knew that training was giving her a hard time. After all, the beginning of the year is always difficult - new eager girls for the cheerleading squad testing their skills and then presenting them with dance routines. She was aware of how much time and patience such things take. When Jennifer joined the team she measured herself against it all. Even now the girl recounts how much work there is on the new girls.

The bell rang which suggested the end of the lesson for the brunette. She picked up her things and slowly headed toward the library, paying no attention to the crowd of people trying to get through to classrooms. She was snapped out of her reverie by the sound of a notification. She pulled out her phone looked at it. She thought maybe it was Sage texting her to abruptly cancel the meeting, which wouldn't surprise Rosie. However, it wasn't her.

Mom: We'll be home in 30 minutes.

          "Fucking hell." She whispered to herself and shook her head. She was glad her mother was coming back, but she wasn't thrilled about her father's return.

Rose: I'll be later, I have to do a project.

Mom: It's okay. Be careful, I love you.

A slight smile affected her face after reading the last words. Since they left, she often wrote with her. Her mother felt bad every time she had to leave Rose alone, but she tried to text her to find out what her daughter was doing and how she was feeling. In her spare time, she even called the brunette.

She put the phone in her pocket and quickly turned right. After a moment, there was a staircase in front of her, leading to the middle of the large library. She walked down them and headed to the very end, bypassing empty tables and tall wooden bookcases full of books of every genre. When Rosie first wandered into the place she couldn't get out of her awe. She felt magical and peaceful, as if she could stay in this place forever and just read.

She sat down at her favorite table, which was located in the very corner. She pulled out all the necessary materials and waited for the blonde to honor her with her presence.

Ten minutes had passed since Rose heard the bell - this time for class. She was still sitting in her chair with her hands folded. She was annoyed, she hated it when someone was late. She really cared about this project, and she didn't think Sage couldn't keep her word especially since she had proposed the day herself.

Rose started devising a plan on what to tell the teacher to let her work with someone else after all. In truth, she didn't think it would work out judging by what he said last time, but she didn't feel like waiting any longer for Sage. It suddenly crossed her mind that maybe the girl had set her up on purpose, and that's a lot like the blonde-haired girl.