ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

Nothing special happened in the morning for the brunette. When she woke up, she started to gather for school as quietly as possible. Fortunately, her parents were still asleep, which meant they had to sit up late last night. In her mind she thanked Josephine and Michael for keeping her parents up for so long.

Even most of her lessons had passed peacefully, and now the girl was heading for the cafeteria, where it was obviously noisy. Today the whole school was roaring because it was the day of the first game of the season. Everyone was just waiting for the end of class to head to the field later and start cheering the players or looking at the beautiful cheerleaders. It was impossible to forget any game at their school, as the players wore match jerseys with numbers on them, and the cheerleaders, of course, wore their outfits.

As Rose walked towards her table, she noticed how the football players, along with many people, were already celebrating the victory - today they were playing against a very weak team that they beat every year, so they weren't even stressing about the game. She saw how there was a wide smile on her boyfriend's face and he was laughing all the time with his teammates and cheerleaders. The brunette sat at her table and greeted her friends. She noticed that not far from Liam sat Luke, who was immersed in a conversation with his sister, who had been in Rose's head since yesterday - Sage. The brunette shook her head and looked ahead, then walked over to the table where her friends were sitting.

          "What did I miss?" Brunette asked, sitting down and interrupting them. Her friends looked at her with different expressions on their faces. Rose knew something was up, so she added worriedly, "Okay, what's up?"

          "Jennifer is not going to the party tonight." Chris replied, who froze Jenn with his eyes and added, "She prefers to fuck with James and..."

          "CHRISTOPHER!" Jennifer interrupted him loudly, "We're going on a date! Do I have to fucking spell it out for you?!" She added, and Rose pointed out how red in the face her friend was in her cheerleader outfit.

          "IT'S THE SAME!" The black-haired boy replied loudly.

          "IT'S NOT THE SAME, YOU MORON." Jennifer announced which caused a rather loud exchange of words between them. Rose raised her eyebrows when she saw that even Olivia, in an effort to calm them down, had joined the pointless argument. Unfortunately, this decision backfired on her, because now she was also the one who started arguing with them.

          "Guys, shut your mouths please." Rose tried to get their attention, but it didn't help. She started looking around the entire cafeteria. She was glad that it was so noisy, so no one was paying attention to her friends - except one person.

Her gaze stopped on the gray eyes that looked at her friends with furrowed brows. The brunette began to wonder if the blonde had accidentally reverted to an old version of herself, and that yesterday was just an illusion before something bad.

This was the first time Rose couldn't take her eyes off her. Sage was wearing her own baseball jacket with her name on it, which Luke had gotten her in sophomore year. Rose knew that under the jacket the girl was definitely wearing a blue cheerleading outfit, since she was the captain. Her long and slightly wavy blond hair, which fell in a warm shade, was tied up today. Her face was completely exposed, and Rose took notice of the outline of her jaw, which had become stronger than when she first saw her. The brunette had never paid as much attention to the girl's appearance as she did now. She moved her gaze a little further - she reached the girl's full and pink lips, which are accented with lip gloss. She noticed how Sage's face turned. Rose quickly raised her gaze - her eyes met the gray eyes of the blonde. Rose felt her heart stand up as if someone had caught her doing something wrong, but she didn't run away with her eyes. She saw the blonde's eyebrows, which had previously been clenched now relaxed, and a smile appeared on her face, but it didn't last long. In the blink of an eye, the smile disappeared from Sage's face and her gaze shifted to someone next to the brunette. Rose furrowed her brow at seeing this quick change.

          "Hello my beautiful girl." The brunette was frightened to hear the voice behind her, and right next to her her boyfriend sat down with a smile on his face and put his arm around her.

          "You scared me," she announced while holding her chest.

          "Sorry babe." Liam said and moved closer to the girl and kissed her. Rosie immediately moved away and reflexively looked to where she was looking earlier, but the blonde-haired girl didn't even look in her direction.

          "Fucking weird." She whispered to herself which caused Liam to look puzzled.

          "What did you say?" He asked softly drawing Rose's attention back to him, who shrugged and looked at him.

          "Nothing at all." She asked forcing a slight smile and then remembered her friends who were still arguing. "Wait a minute." She added rolling her eyes at their behavior and quickly kicked one of them under the table.

          "Holy fuck that hurt!" Chris squealed which caused Jenn and Liv to look at him puzzled.

          "Will you stop fucking arguing about such nonsense? How old are you two, five?" Rosie said in a slightly raised and exasperated voice. Her friends looked at each other and then at her. Only now did they notice that someone had joined them. They were not fond of Liam, but they greeted him, who waved at them with a fake smile.

The next few minutes until the bell rang passed without argument. During this time, the three friends were annoyed by the presence of Rosie's boyfriend, who kept coming on to her. They all noticed that Rosie was keeping a certain distance, which pleased them, but also surprised them, since she hadn't said anything to them lately, and apparently something had to happen again. The brunette was still angry with him for yesterday's emotional outburst, and for being ignored by him for most of the week. When she wrote, he wrote back briefly or explained that he didn't have time and would write later - he never did. In addition, the girl focused more on Sage than on Liam. She began to take an interest in the blond man's behavior. When she talked to the boy she felt his gaze on her. When Rose looked at Sage she noticed the rage in her eyes, and after a while she saw the figure of the girl leaving the cafeteria. Even on the way home, the brunette tried to think of a reason why Sage was behaving like that - but Rose was left with the thought that it was simply the smooth beginning of some kind of revenge.

          "God, why are you in my head Sage Miller?" Rose whispered to herself and entered her house.

A/N Sorry that today is a shorter chapter, but I wanted to make such a prelude to the next chapter for which I'm taking today to write.

Btw... there will be action between Sage and Rosie in the next one. SEE YOU!