20. Newspaper article.

Newspaper Article:

Has Dave Lavens been seen with a new woman? What has become of Sara?

Dave Lavens was spotted hand-in-hand with a young woman as they exited a restaurant. Who is this new acquaintance, and what is the duration of their association?

Furthermore, it has come to light that his nephew, Kevin Lavens, is incarcerated for embezzlement and holds a grudge against Dave. Kevin claims that Dave has taken the woman in question from him.

Dave's and my phones are overwhelmed with inquiries, as everyone is desperate for updates. When Stephanie calls, I answer at once, "Hello, Stephanie."

"There's a lot you need to explain! But before that... have you seen the news?"

"No, I haven't. What's going on?"

"You should have a look."

"I'll call you later," I say as I follow Dave into the living room.

"Okay, that's fine," she replies and I end our conversation.

Dave takes the remote from the coffee table and turns on the TV.

The news channel:

(Interviewer) "Are you claiming that Kevin Lavens blackmailed you by threatening to disclose your affair with a married man?"

(Sara) "Yes, I complied because I had no choice. I never meant to hurt Dave, but I was trapped. Kevin possessed proof. I found myself with no way out."

(Interviewer) "Do you have any regrets?"

(Sara) "Of course, I have regrets."

(Interviewer) "Were you aware that he had a relationship with Vanessa Bowman?"

Sara appears perplexed by the question and begins to fidget in her seat.

(Interviewer) "Were you privy to any of this?"

(Sara) "No, I was completely unaware. This interview is finished."

She exits the studio in a fury. Following that, the interviewer's apology is heard. Dave glares at the screen before switching off the TV.

Dave presses the remote's button forcefully, his face contorted with anger and his jaw clenched tight. He hurls the remote onto the coffee table and turns his gaze towards me.

"She was aware. She blatantly hurled the fact at me that I shouldn't get involved with a housekeeper," he says with a raised voice.

I'm staring down in agony, the issue of class disparity surfacing yet again. Dave steps in front of me and gently lifts my chin with his finger.

"I'm content with my former housekeeper," I say, meeting his gaze with a look of surprise.

"Dave? Will your family, friends, and other women always view me this way? I was once your housekeeper, then an administrative clerk at a law firm's desk?"

"And now you're free from that. Move in with me, and you won't need to work any more. Accompany me on my business travels. Experience life."

"No way!"

"Vanessa, you are my girlfriend. I would wither without you if I were on the other side of the globe."

"No, I'd rather not hear that, Dave. I'm an independent woman. I want to work and have my own life. Furthermore, I would rather not rely completely on you. Besides, when I'm working, I can't always accompany you on your business trips. That's the sign of a healthy relationship. When we reunite after a long day of work and..."