Catharsis

AN - I wanted the entire conversation between Arnav and Khushi in one chapter, because i didn't want to break the flow of it, but the chapter was getting way too long, so I split it in 2. 

-----

Khushi stared out window, not really looking. She was lost in her thoughts.. Its only been an hour and half or so since she left home... hopefully her Amma and Bua weren't back yet.. Then they wouldn't have found the letter... She could just pretend that all this never happened? That sounded so good. But what if they were already back? How would she face them if they had already found the letter? She sighed heavily, Her family, she could deal with.. She would just need to tell them the truth behind her decision, and they would forgive her.

That still doesn't solve the actual problem. Shyam. A problem she didn't know how to deal with.. and a problem that wouldn't go away unless she actually does something about it... but what? She looked at Arnav through the corner of her eyes... Should she take the plunge and tell him everything? What if he doesn't believe her? Would she be able to handle that? Definitely NOT.

Taking a deep breath she looked out the window again and immediately jerked up when she recognised the surroundings.. She turned to Arnav "Aap hume ghar nai le jaa rahe hai?" (Are you not taking me home?) She saw Arnav's eyes flick towards her while his head still faced forward "Kyun? Thodi der pehle tho ghar se bhag rahi thi.. Ab ghar jaana hai?" (Why? Earlier you were running away.. Now you want to go home?)

From his tone she knew he was teasing her. She huffed and crossed her arms grumpily, she saw his lips twitching up into a smile. He shook his head bemused, but kept silent. It was only after he parked and shut off the vehicle that he fully turned towards her, "First, I need to talk to you, phir tumhe ghar chod dunga, teekhai? Now come."(Then I will drop you home, alright?) he tilted his head to indicate the building and unbuckled his seat belt. His tone indicated that his decision wasn't up for discussion, so she silently mimicked his actions, by then Arnav had already got out and come to the passenger side of the vehicle, He opened the door for her and waited.

They walked side by side till they reached the entrance, a familiar security guard greeted them, Khushi smiled at him politely asking him about his health. Arnav held the door open for her and waited till she passed through. Khushi looked around, nothing had really changed since she was last here. She walked forward with familiarity and when she reached it, she traced her finger over the desk that was once hers, she noticed the lack of items on it, she assumed that it wasn't yet assigned to anyone else "Baat karne ke liye aap hume office kyun leke aaye Arnav Ji?" (Why did you choose the office for our talk?) She turned around and found him typing something on his phone.

He put his phone away and looked at her, "I needed the privacy Khushi, jo hamare ghar mei hamei kabhi nahi milega. Mujhe tumse kuch zaroori baatein karna hai" (which we wont get in our houses. I need to talk about some important issues) With that he gestured her to lead the way, pointing towards his cabin, which she obliged. She knew what was going to come, he was going to ask her why she had almost run away.. She had half expected him to start the questioning in the car itself.

She stood in front of his cabin door, took a deep breath before pushing it open and entering. This place held memories, and none of them were good. She pushed those thoughts aside and walked to a chair and sat down. She was surprised when he didn't sit on his usual chair, instead he chose the chair placed next to her, he turned it so that he was facing her and sat down.

She waited with baited breath for the start of the interrogation, but he was just observing her, which made her feel conscious, she brushed away the loose tendrils from her face and looked at everything but him, fidgeting with the ends of her shawl. The silence was drawing out but Arnav made no hint of starting the 'talk' he wanted to have with her.