Teasing

I had way too much fun writing this chapter, and I just couldn't get myself to cut it off anywhere in between.. hence the super long chapter , Enjoy!

----

Arnav returned to the table within a few minutes after attending his call, he picked up his glass and finished the juice in one go, putting it back down he announced "Di, mei ek ghanta ke liye bahar jaa raha hu.." (Di, I am going out, I will be back in an hour) Anjali looked at him in surprise "Chote.. aaj aap office nai jaare?" (Chote.. Will you not be going to the office today?) she asked, excitement evident in her voice, Arnav shook his head, his sister can be such a child some... no MOST of the time. It was easy to forget which one among the two of them is the elder sibling. "Of course jaa raha hu di..." (Of course I will be going Di..) Anjali deflated so Arnav elaborated, "ek zaroori meeting hai .. lunch time ke baad" (I have an important meeting.. after lunch) he gave Akash a look, and the latter understood which meeting his brother was talking about. "acha.. teek hai.. lekin office jaane se pehle aap ghar aayenge na?" (Okay.. fine.. But before you go to the office you will come home right?) Arnav just nods his answer and then bids everyone farewell and leaves.

Manohar stood up next, wiping his mouth with the tissue "Acha.. mei bhi chaltha hu... bohot kaam hai" (Okay.. I will also make a move.. lots of work pending) He turned to Payal "Aap ko tho hum teen din baad hi milenge" (I will be seeing you next only after three days) he said with a smile, Payal immediately stood up and took his blessing, "Khush raho bitiya" (Stay happy child) Manohar caressed her hair affectionately, and Payal nodded her head with a radiant smile. Akash looked on with a broad grin, Manorama almost smiled, but suddenly remembering herself, she just rolled her eyes at the direction of her husband and daughter in law. But if anyone looked close enough, they would be able to see a small glint of happiness in the corners of her eyes.

***

Khushi had woken up feeling all excited, and had greeted Garima and Sashi with tight hugs, and she almost knocked Madhumati over with the force with which she hugged her. When she broke the hug, she noticed that her Buaji was avoiding her eyes "Kya hua Buaji? Aap ke NandKishore ke saat jagda hua hai kya?" (What happened Buaji? Did you have a fight with your NandKishore?) she joked in an effort to lighten the mood, but Madhumati didn't even smile, Khushi sighed heavily 

"Buaji... aaj mei bohot hi khush hu... aaj Jiji ghar aane wali hai... aur mei kal ke saare kadvahat ko bhulna chahti hu... aap bhi bhul dijiye na please?" (Buaji.. I am very happy today.. Jiji is coming home today.. and I want to forget all the sourness from yesterday... would you also please let it go?) She cajoled Madhumati, who finally looked up at her face. Khushi's face was glowing with happiness, there was no trace of the sadness or anger she had seen on her face the previous day, so Madhumati relented and gave Khushi a genuine smile. "yeh hui na baat" (that's more like it) Khushi squeezed Madhumati's cheeks in cute aggression.

As soon as they finished their breakfast, Khushi had started to run around the house collecting the items she would need to pack the gifts. It was around 10 am, when Garima reminded Madhumati that she needed to be at Shantivan before 11:30am, Madhumati stood up from her seat "Areyy haan.. hum jaake jaldi se tayyar hote hai.. ay Titaliya.. oo saare tofeh ko ek bag mei daal dena.." (Oh Yes.. I will go and quickly get ready.. Ay Titaliya.. put all those gifts in a bag) and she started to move towards her room. Khushi immediately obliged "Aur phir hum bhi jaake tayyar hote hai" (and then even I will go and get ready) Khushi said excitedly as she carefully placed the gifts one by one into the bag.