Astute

There was a knock on Arnav's door, "Come in" he called out, and OmPrakash entered the room, "Arnav Baba.. aapke coffee" (Your coffee) He placed it on the coffee table in front of Arnav.. "Thanks.. tho bolo.. mere jaane ke baad kuch hua tha kya?" (So tell me.. Did anything happen after I left?) Om Prakash shook his head "Nai Arnav Baba.. aap ke jaane ke baad, woh amma unke room mei chali gayi thi... dupahair khana ke waqt bhi bahar nahi aayi thi.. Naaniji ne hume unke kamre mei khaana dene ko kahan tha.." (No Arnav Baba.. After you went, that lady went into her room, she didn't even come out for lunch.. Naaniji asked me to take the food to her room) Arnav nodded his head.. "Teek hai... Aise hi hamesha uspe ek nazar rakhlo.. mujhe daily raat ko update kardo.. teek hai?" (Okay.. Always keep an eye on her like this.. and update me every night.. okay?) The servant boy nodded his head, and excused him self out of the room.

Arnav was a staunch believer in the saying 'Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer'. If he wanted to, he could easily kick her out of the house, but that would put him at a disadvantage.. He knew that woman was here for something.. and keeping her within the confines of his house would ensure that he always knew what she was up to. The security cameras that he had fixed to catch Shyam would come to use after all... just the target would be Shubadra Malik.

His security team had been informed to keep a constant watch on her via the camera, they had live access to all the feed, but even they had their limitations.. they wouldn't know what was happening inside the rooms, where the cameras had no access. For a hot moment, Arnav had thought he should fit a camera inside of the guest room that Shubadra was currently using.. but he did not go through with it.. So Arnav did the next best thing he could, he had put his loyal servants to the job.

All 3 brothers were aware of what they had to do.. Keep a close watch on her, and if they saw her do anything suspicious, they were to inform him at night. They were given a phone through which they could contact him at any time, for cases of extreme emergencies. The next four days had gone without incident, Shubadra seemed to be spending most of her time cooped up in either her room or the Puja room. She rarely spent time with the family, even if she did sit along with the ladies of the Raizada household in the evenings, she had not caused any issues.

On the day of the Shagun, the Raizada household was bustling with activity.. The Prakash brothers were scurrying around, taking the bags that Payal was handing over to them, and placing them in the vehicles. Anjali was giving orders to Rahim Chacha about everything that was to be done in the family's absence.

Devyani was seated next to Payal, having a few jewellery boxes, that were yet to be packed, "Manohar.. Manorama tayyar hui ki naahi?" (Is Manorama ready or not?) she asked her son, as she passed on one of the boxes to Payal, which Akash helped her wrap up, before placing it into a gift bag.

"Jee Amma.. aati hogi" (Yes Amma.. She is coming) Manohar covered for his wife.. he was sure she was still putting on her 'finishing touches' as she liked to call it, to her attire and makeup. Devyani sighed and shook her head "Chote bhi abhi tak neeche nahi aaye.." (Even Chote has not come down yet) she looked up the stairs.. and then at her watch.. there was plenty of time left, but she still felt anxious that the family was not ready to leave the house.

Shubadra walked into the hall, all dressed to go out, she gave a glance over the table at the gifts that were still being wrapped.. "Itne saare gehne.. Devyani, kya Arnav ke sasuraal walon ko unki beti ke liye gehne khareed ne ki taakat nahi hai kya?" (So much jewellery.. Devyani, Do Arnav's in laws not have the capacity to buy jewellery for their daughter?) She taunted and sat down on the sofa, the Raizadas exchanged glances, but continued to do what they were doing without responding to her. They neither had the time, nor wanted to spoil their moods by having a verbal spat with the old woman.