Unpredictable

Apologies for the delay, :)

----

"Naani, yeh yahaan kya kar rahi hai" (Naani, what is she doing here?) Arnav clenched his jaw and glared at both his Naani and Di, who stood silent with a tensed look on their face. "Who gave her permission to enter this house?" He asked in a dangerous low growl that scared both Devyani and Anjali. The subject of his anger walked forward, her body language screaming with arrogance, he turned to her, his eyes ablaze with anger "Aap mere ghar mai kya kar rahi hai" (What are you doing in my house?)

"Yeh kya tareeka hai baat karne ka Arnav? Kya mujhe iss ghar mai aane ki anumati nahi hai? Mai aapke Daadi Hu" (Is this the way to talk Arnav? Don't I have the permission to come to this house? I am your grandmother) She tried to appeal to him emotionally "Daadi?" (Grandmother?) He roared, Devyani and Anjali flinched but Shubadra stood unaffected, even having a small smirk on her face. When she set her eyes on her grandchildren, she couldn't see any trace of her son, even when they were younger, they never resembled anyone from their father's family. They had both inherited their looks from their mother, but right now, in anger, Arnav reminded her so much of her departed son.

"Pandra saal baad aapko yaad aaya ke aap kisike Daadi hai?" (After 15 years you remembered that you are someone's grandmother?) He stepped towards her, like a lion ready to pounce on its prey, Anjali and Devyani looked on, clearly worried. "Jab aapke bete ne Mujhe aur Di ko aadi raat ghar ke bahar phenka tha.. tab aapko yaad nahi tha ke aap humaare Daadi hai?" (Didn't you remember that you were our grandmother, When your son threw me and Di out of the house in the middle of the night?) Shubadra gulped lightly, she did not expect him to question her about the past, but she quickly recovered "Arnav.. hum kya karte? aapke chacha ne faisla liya tha.. aur hum unke saamne majboor the" (Arnav.. What could I have done? Your uncle made that decision and I was helpless in front of him ) her tone oozed of phoniness.

If Shubadra thought she could manipulate Arnav like she had manipulated his mother for the 18 years that Ratna was married to her son, she was sadly mistaken. She was taken aback when she heard Arnav laugh sarcastically. Anjali and Devyani shared a look of disbelief, Anjali scoffed out loud, earning a glare from Shubadra. "Majboor?" (Helpless?) Arnav asked mirthlessly "Aur aap?" (and you?) Arnav raised a brow mockingly

"jahan tak mujhe yaad hai.. aap ke baat ko uss ghar mai koi nahi taaltha" (As far as I remember Nobody in that house disobeyed your words) Arnav crossed his arm "Aur ab aap keh rahi hai ke aap aap ke bete ke saamne majboor the?" (And now you are claiming that you were helpless?) Shubadra tried to speak but Arnav stopped her with a show of his palm "Teek hai... mai maanleta hu ke aap majboor the..." (Okay, I accept you were helpless) Shubadra gave a small smile and a nod thinking she was safe.

"Aapke bete ne faisla le liya tha.. aur aap kuch nahi kar sakti.. lekin Jab Naani ne aapse literally bheeg maang rahi thi.. tab bhi aap chup the.. kyun? at least uss waqt aapke bete se request kar sakti thi ke woh Naani ke baat maan le? lekin aap ne aisa kuch bhi nahi kiya... aur ab aap keh rahi hai ke aap majboor the?" (Your son had taken the decision, and you could not do anything, but when Naani was literally begging, then too you were silent.. why? At least at that time you could have requested your son to listen to Naani.. But you did nothing of the sort.. and now you are claiming that you were helpless?)

He shook his head in disbelief and turned back to his family, "Aap Isse ander aane kaise diya Di?" (How did you allow her to come inside Di?) she stepped forward and gently patted Arnav shoulder "Chote.. aap please shant hojaiye.." (Chote, please calm down) He stopped himself from shrugging her hand off, not wanting to disrespect his sister in front of an outsider. He looked at her blankly, waiting for an answer "Chote.. humaare paas aur koi raasta nahi tha... Security ne bola ke ek aurat aayi hui hai aur keh rahi hai ke woh Arnav sir ke Daadi hai.." (Chote.. I had no other way.. Security told us that there was a lady claiming to be your grandmother)