Exposed

Apologies for the delay and logical fallacies  

----

Madhumati was resting on the sofa, everything that she learnt the previous day had left her shattered and consumed with guilt. She could not get a good night's sleep, even her sleeping tablets hadn't helped, resulting in a splitting headache since morning, which is why she didn't accompany Garima and Khushi to the temple this evening. 

Every time she caught sight of Khushi during the day, the guilt within her reared its head to the forefront, she could not be normal around Khushi after hearing what all the young girl had to endure. She was glad that Kajal and Geet had also accompanied Garima and Khushi to the temple, those young girls would definitely help in uplifting Garima's and Khushi's moods.

A persistent knocking on the door, brought Madhumati's wallowing to an end, she looked at the door, a little confused, "Hai re Nand Kishore... itne jaldi kaise aagaye" (Hai re Nand Kishore.. how are they back so early) She put her whole weight on the arm rest of the sofa, and stood up slowly, the knocking continued "Aari hu Nand Kishore" (I am coming Nand Kishore) she exclaimed walking as quickly as she could and opened the door, ready to tell Khushi off for creating such a ruckus.

Her irritated scowl had turned into a surprised smile when she saw Payal and Akash on the other side of the door, "Arey Payalia, Akash Babua.. aap dono..." (Hey Payal, Akash, you two) They greeted her and took her blessings, She opened the door wide "Aao aao.. ander aao" (Come, come.. come in) She welcomed them, a confusion set on her face when she saw a third person enter the house behind Akash. "Buaji, yeh Dr. Rathore hai.. heart specialist hai..." (Buaji, this is Dr. Rathore.. he is a heart specialist) Madhumati smiled at the doctor "Namaste" she folded her hands.

Madhumati then turned back to Akash, who explained to her that Arnav had requested the doctor to do a home visit, and the doctor was here today to look through all the reports that they have from the previous hospital visits, after which he will be taking charge of the treatment for Sashi. Madhumati sizes up the doctor and looked very hesitant. They had decided to stop any further treatments because the cost was too much and they were not able to manage that with what Khushi was earning, this doctor looked too sophisticated, how would they even be able to afford this? 

"Buaji.." Payal placed a hand on Madhumati's shoulder "Kya hua?" (What's the matter?) Payal asked softly. Madhumati turns Payal a little "Payalia.. hum yeh sab kaise.." (Payalia... how can we..) Akash saw the hesitation and sort of understood what the cause of it might be, so he stepped closer to his wife and her aunt, and spoke in a very low voice "buaji agar aap treatment ke fees ke baare mei soch rahi hai.. tho aap chinta mat kariye.. yeh mere aur bhai ke zimidaari hai" (Buaji.. if you are worried about the fees for the treatment, then do not worry.. this is mine and Bhai's responsibility)

Madhumati's eyes widened and she shook her head and started to refuse "Nai Babua.. woh teek" (No dear.. thats) but Akash did not let her finish her sentence "kyun Buaji? kya humaare haq nahi hai babuji ke dekh baal karna?" (Why Buaji? don't we have the rights to take care of Babuji?) Madhumati held her head "humka oo matlab nahi tha babua" (That's not what I meant dear) Akash took her hand "buaji yeh sirf hamaare haq nahi.. iss ghar ke damaad hone ke naate huamare farz bhi hai" (Buaji this is not just our right.. but being the sons in law of this house, it is also our duty) Akash said with a small smile, Madhumati gives him a teary nod, feeling an overwhelming sense of gratitude

She placed a hand lovingly on Akash's head, "hamesha khush raho babua.." (Always be happy dear) she sighed deeply and looked at Payal, who had also become teary eyed "humri dono bitiyan ko sone jaise ladke mile hai" (both my girls have gotten themselves wonderful boys) she smiled and wiped the tears that had gathered , and Akash shyly adjusted his spectacles, while Payal had a proud smile on her face.