Baffled

"Ohh.. par bhai... what do you think she wants?" (But Bhai..) Akash asked placing a few files into the office bag, Arnav was watering his plants after bringing Akash up to speed about Shubadra.. he had asked Akash to get all their property papers, wills etc to be taken to the office the next day. "I don't know Akash... my guess is money.." He put his water can on the floor 

"Her son is a degenerate gambler... jo bhi paisa maine Seesh mehal khareed ne ke liye diya tha.. shayad woh sab khatam kar cuhka hoga" (Maybe he wasted away all the money I had paid to purchase Seesh Mehal) Akash shook his head, then continued to pack the files. "Ghar mei jitni kam hard cash hai, utna acha hai... bank cards vagera hamesha apne saat rakhna.. aur jewelleries ko hum safe mei daal denge" (Its better to keep the least amount of hard cash at home.. keep all the bank cards with you at all times.. and we can put all the jewelleries in the safe) Akash nodded his head "Yeah Bhai.. good idea..

After a few seconds of silence Akash spoke up again "Bhai.." when Arnav looked at him "Woh.. mujhe aapse kuch discuss karna tha" (I wanted to discuss something with you) Arnav nodded at him to continue "Payal mujhse kaafi dino se keh rahi thi ki woh ghar mai bait ke bohot bore ho rahi hai.." (For a while, Payal has been complaining that she is getting bored at home) Akash let out a small laugh "Tho maine socha.. kyun na usse aage padhne ke liye college mei admission dilvadu." (So I thought.. why not get her an admission in a college to continue her studies)

"That is a very good idea Akash.. kab se join kar rahi hai?" (When is she joining?) Akash sighed "Maine abhi tak usse discuss kiya nahi Bhai.. mujhe nahi pata woh jaane ke liye raazi hogi bhi nahi... pehle aapke raai lena chahta tha.." (I still have not discussed this with her Bhai.. I don't even know if she will be agreeable to it.. I wanted to get your opinion first) Akash smiled sheepishly when Arnav fixed him with a look "Akash.. har cheez ke liye mera input lena zaroori nahi hai" (It is not necessary to get my input for everything) Akash shook his head "Aap mere bade Bhai hai... I look up to you... aur aapke opinions mere liye bohot maini rakhti hai" (You are my elder brother.. I look up to you.. and your opinions matter to me a lot) Arnav felt a little emotional, He smiled at his cousin and sat down on the recliner.

"Thankyou Akash..." he patted on Akash's thighs.. "aur tum jald hi Payal se iske baare mei baat karlo... If she is interested in continuing her studies we should all be supportive" (And you speak to Payal as soon as possible..) Akash nodded his head and looked at his watch "Okay Bhai.. Der ho rahi hai... Kal subah milte hai" (It is getting late.. We will meet in the morning) Arnav smiled "Good Night Akash"

***

"Heyloo" Khushi spoke into the land line receiver.. "Kya?" (What?) she shouted "Aapne ghar bhej diya? lekin...." (You sold the house? but..) She breathed heavily, her lips quivering in anger as she heard the person on the other end speak.. "par humne iss mahine ke poori kirai diya hai... aap hume aise achanak khali karne nai keh sakte..." (But we have already paid the rent for this month.. you cannot ask us to move out all of a sudden) she relaxed a little hearing the reply "Teek hai.." (Okay.. fine) She hung up the call, and had a pout on her face..

"Devi Maiyya.. yeh kya nayi museebat hai?... ab agar woh naye ghar maalik hume yahan se jaane ko kahan tho hum kya karenge?" (What is this new problem? Now if the new house owner asks us to leave.. where will we go? ) She bit her nails nervously "Hum unse hi baat karke dekhlenge..." (I will speak to that person and see) She slapped her forehead "Khushi... naahi tumhe unke naam pata hai.. naahi phone karne ka number..." (Neither do you know the person's name, Nor do you have the number to call) She pulled out Madhumati's phone book and searched for their previous house owner's number.. "Unko call karke yeh naye malik ka number le lenge" (I will call him and get the number of the new owner)