Declare

Another long one.. Didn't get time to proof read, so forgive any mistakes, Enjoy :)

----

Khushi's mood had been on a new high the entire afternoon, she was fluttering around the house in a manner befitting the nick name that Buaji had bestowed her with. As evening fell, though, she seemed to get somber, and then finally became completely silent, "Payalia ki jaane ka waqt horaha hai na... isiliye Parmeshwari aisi chup hogayi hai" (It is almost time for Payal to leave right.. that is why Parmeshwari has gone all quiet) Madhumati commented, and Payal side hugged Khushi and rubbed her arms "Khushiji.. aisi udaas mat hojaiye... aap jab bhi chahe Shantivan aa sakti hai.. aapki behen se milne" (Khushiji.. don't be so sad.. you can come to Shantivan whenever you want.. to meet your sister) Everyone smiled at Akash's statement "Aur bhi log hai jo aapse milke khush honge" (there are others also who will be happy meeting you) he slightly coughed at the end of his statement making it very clear whom he was talking about.

Everyone understood his dig, but feigned ignorance.. while Khushi's ears burned as she tried not to blush at that comment.. Throughout the afternoon both Payal and Akash had been making sly comments about Arnav, that made Khushi blush continuously. She noticed that while Madhumati and Garima pretended to be oblivious, Sashi had an obvious smile on his face. She had not gotten the opportunity to speak to him after she literally confessed her feelings to him before the wedding, now his smile told her that he approved and that made her very happy. She now knew for a fact that when ever she and Arnav decides to take things forward, they will have everyone's blessing.

"Haan humko bhi Naaniji aur Anjaliji se milke ache lagega" (Yeah... even I would like to meet Naaniji and Anjaliji) she added as nonchalantly as she could, "Haan haan.. mai unhi ke baare mei baat kar raha tha Khushiji.." (Yes ofcourse.. I was absolutely talking about the two of them only) Akash said in a teasing tone, and Payal couldn't hold her chuckle anymore, while the elders just pretended they were engaged in some other conversation.

Khushi looked like a balloon that was about to burst, She got up from her seat and made an excuse about needing water, she practically ran off from the hall, but abruptly stopped in her tracks and turned around and fixed her eyes at the main door.. Everyone was confused by her behaviour "Ay parmeshwari... kaa hua?" (Ay Parmeshwari.. what happened?) Madhumati asked her, and she just shook her head "Kuch nahi Buaji.. Hum.. woh... paani leke aate hai" (Nothing Buaji.. I'll.. ummm... get some water and come) she said dragging her legs as slow as possible without turning around.

Just as Garima opened her mouth to say something, there was a knock on the door, and everyone noticed the twinkle in Khushi's eyes, Madhumati looked at Khushi with a scrutinizing eye as she stepped towards the door and opened it "Arey Babua tum ho" (Oh, it's you, dear) Madhumati exclaimed and she opened the door wide, revealing Arnav to the whole family, Garima and Payal stood up from their seats as well and smiled at the unexpected guest "aao ander aao" (Come, Come in) Madhumati stepped to a side giving way for him to step in

"Namaste Buaji.. Namaste Aunty" He greeted them as he stepped in, "Namaste bitwa.. Kaise ho" (Namaste son, how are you?) Garima asked, and Arnav smiled his answer. "Baito na Babua" (take a seat dear) Madhumati showed him to the seat next to Akash and Arnav nodded his head in acceptance. He took his seat, and smiled at Akash who was looking really confused, and then finally turned to where Khushi was standing and gave her a lopsided smile, that made her knees go week, but she managed to steady herself and smiled back at him. There was an awkward silence for a few seconds before Garima asked if he would like to have something, and he politely declined.