Chapter 7: The Willows Pack

We're going to ignore the fact that I uploaded the wrong chapter, so you guys get a double update.

Yay!🤦🏽‍♀️

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Night [3:29 am]
Friday

I darted up from my bed, wincing a bit from my sore shoulder. I brought my hand up and rubbed over it, feeling some kind of fabric covering it.

Oh yeah, I got shot.

   Wait...Meo!

I jumped from my bed and moved toward the door. I stumbled out into the hallway, feeling a bit of dizziness hit me. I leaned my hand against the wall and shook my head, trying to recollect my thoughts.

   I sniffed the air for his scent, finding it in a room a few doors down. I rushed down and burst into the room.

   He lied there, dead asleep. His body was covered in bandages, blood soaking through. His face looked better, his lip now completely healed over.

   I let out a sigh of relief and walk over. I get a chair and set it near the bed. "You scared me for a sec. Dumbass." I muttered with a small chuckle. I gently rested my head against his before standing back up.

I needed to get rid of that van. I walked out the room and started down the hall. The house was quiet aside from the occasional whisper and the faint footsteps circling around the area. I made my way towards the front door, freezing when a certain voice enters my ears. "You should be resting." She stated. I turned around, meeting her eyes as she walked forward with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I've got something I need to do. I'll heal." I shrugged. I didn't wait for a reply before walking out the house. "You really are an idiot." She scoffed, trailing after me.

"What are you talking about?" I rolled my eyes, as I walked up to the van. "You weren't shot with just an average bullet." She spoke in a duh tone before grabbing my forearm.

"It was silver. Which means that whoever did this to you and your friend, they wanted you dead." She held eye contact as her grip slightly loosened up. "You shouldn't even be able to stand right now." She added.

"I can handle myself Kensey." My voice coming out a lot softer than intended. I could feel small sparks running up my arm as her fingers slowly trailed down to my hand, eventually lacing her fingers with mine. "You-...you scared me when you collapsed like that..." she muttered, looking up from our intwined hands and into my eyes.

I feel my breath get caught in my throat as her eyes begin to glow a faint shade of yellow. She lets out a shaky breath as she kept her eyes on mine.

"I have to-..to- the uh...the van.." I stuttered out. I stepped back, not realizing I had even moved forward, and rushed to the drivers seat. I wasted no time and sped down the road. I let out a shaky breath, bringing a hand to rest on my chest. I could feel my heart pounding as my hands slightly trembled.

- Now why would you do that, she was totally feeling us. - Dato whined out.

"I Hate To Resort To What He Calls A Vocabulary, But I Do Believe She Was 'Feeling Us'." Akila added.

'Shut up, both of you. Just because you feel something for her doesn't mean I do as well.' She groaned.

- Well technically, we're apart of you...so. - I could hear the smugness in his tone. 'Shut up.'