━ iv

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "Do some good and help some people wherever we can

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "Do some good and help some people wherever we can."
💫✦🌺

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

"THE CHECK WOULD BE NICE."

Venus spoke, sending the flirty waitress a honey-sweet smile.

She had been sitting next to Dean at the diner counter angrily chewing her food as the blonde woman made multiple trips to them to flirt with Dean as if she wasn't sitting right there. She nearly broke her fork when Dean started flirting back.

Dean hung his head in defeat and turned to face her. "You know as someone who shares my love of women," he began, "I would expect you to understand what fun looks like," he pointed in the direction the waitress exited, "That's fun!"

Venus offered him no words in response but the angry scrape of her fork against her nearly empty plate of waffles.

Sam returned from his trip to the bathroom and sat on the empty chair to Venus' left.

Dean rolled his eyes at Venus' attitude and slid the newspaper he was scribbling on to Sam, "Here, take a look at this. I think I got one," he pointed to the circled obit of a young girl from Wisconsin.

Venus swallowed the last of her waffles and turned to Sam, "Last week, Sophie Carlton here went for a swim and never came out. Police dragged the lake and nada."

"Sophie Carlton is the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year and none of the other bodies were found either. They had a funeral two days ago," Dean added.

"A funeral?" Sam raised a brow.

"Yeah, they buried an empty coffin for closure...or whatever."

"Closure?" Sam scoffed, "What closure? People don't just disappear, Dean, other people just stop looking for them."

Venus took a sip of her coffee and kept her eyes straight ahead, feeling the lingering tension between the brothers.

"Something you wanna say to me?" questioned Dean, picking up what Sam was putting down.

"The trail for Dad," he snapped, "It's getting colder every day."

"Exactly, what are we supposed to do?"