Vicky

Still Pedro's POV

And again my prayer wasn't answered. They were already seated at the table when I got down. I had taken my time, mostly because I didn't have the strength to face my brother again.

The long table by the window had been laid perfectly. The candles, the flowers, and the crackling fire. It felt slightly too much..

Well it's Antonio, did I expect anything less. Of course NO!

"Oh come on son, we've been waiting for you" Dad said as soon as he saw me. I smiled at him and came to take my seat opposite Antonio.

"He can't be early to anything to save his own life" Antonio said to the lady sitting beside him, laughing like he had told the funniest joke of all times.

"I like to take my time, unlike some people who go through the shower so fast, they barely wash the stench off" I said still smiling.

That knocked off the grin on his face and he glared at me.

"This is my younger son, Pedro and Pedro, this is Vicky, your brother's fiancee" Dad said interrupting our heated stare down.

I pulled my eyes off his glaring face and rested them on the smiling lady beside him. She was in a red sleeveless dinner gown that showed way too much cleavage. Her honey blond hair poured down her back and shoulders with a few strands tucked behind her right ear. A sea green pearl necklace and matching earrings looked so abstract on her pale skin. Her fingers were adorned with way too much rings that they clicked on the wine glass as she raised them to her blood red lips and as she opened her mouth to drink, exposed a pair of slightly colored teeth. Her nose was small and didn't fit her face and her black eyes were birdlike. She was heavily made up and that only made her look more...... hideous.

I gulped.

"Nice to meet you Vicky. I'm surprised that a beauty like you would want to spend the rest of her life with my crow of a brother" I said plastering an excellent fake smile on my face, even my father nodded in approval .

She blushed and I could have puked.

"Nice to meet you too Pedro, I thought that Antonio was the best sweet talker but I can see it runs in the blood" she said exposing the repulsive set of dentures again in a grin.

Jesus Christ!!!!

"They had the best coach" dad said laughing and we joined in.

I couldn't have been more happier when a middle aged woman dressed in a chefs apparel walked in with a large platter of steakhouse salad, interrupting the disturbing conversation.

"And this is Adelaide, my personal chef. She is definitely the best chef in London and most certainly, the whole world" Dad introduced.

The woman blushed and gave us a slight bow before going back into the kitchen.

I poured myself a glass of white wine, too thirsty to eat anything. It did nothing but scorch my throat a bit and I was a bit disappointed.

I definitely need something stronger.

We helped ourselves to the salad which was the first course on the invisible menu and ate in silence.

Adelaide returned with the main dish of the night; million dollar spaghetti casserole.

She really was a wonderful chef. The meal was a consolation for my troubled day and I ate without hesitation.

Everyone might have been thinking the same thing because we all ate without a word.