Chapter 13

He took a vase and threw it right in the direction of the two. It hit the wall beside them and broke into a thousand pieces, shattering onto the floor. Jungwon flinched and clutched onto Jay. He was scared. He didn't want to be hurt. He didn't want Jay to be hurt.

"I warned you, Jongseong." Jay just looked at Jungwon and bent down, staring into his eyes. He stroked a few hair strands behind his ear and smiled at him, giving him a sweet peck on the forehead. "Go. I will handle him."

"Wait—"

But before he could say anything, he was pushed out of the room. He tried opening the door, but it wouldn't budge. He locked it. He started banging on the door, bruising his knuckles. His tears began falling and he screamed at the top of his lungs, hoping the door would open, but all that could be heard from inside, was vases being thrown, pictures falling and grunts of pain.

Jungwon kept banging on the door and slowly slid down on the floor, putting his head against it. "Please...stop." He whispered and let his tears drop onto his lap. The screaming coming from inside wouldn't stop and Jungwon covered his ears. He pulled out his phone and dialed the police numbed. "911, what's your emergency?"

Jungwon sobbed into the speaker, but somehow couldn't make out words. He opened his mouth, but nothing came out. I mean- that was still his father, the man that had basically created and kept him alive. He couldn't do this to him, right? "Is this another prank call? If you don't speak, I'm gonna hang up." He waited for a few seconds, before he heard a beep and put down his phone, continuing to sob, when he heard the door unlock. He backed away and looked up, only to see his dad walking out, full of blood.

Jungwon moved to look inside the room, but couldn't, as the door was slammed in his face. He got pulled by the collar. "Jungwonie. You disappointed me. Just like your mother." His father spoke. Jungwon got on his knees and put his hands together, looking up at his dad. "Please, dad. Let me check on him. If you love me, you will let me check on him." His dad scoffed and let go of him.

Jungwon immediately got up and ran towards his room, swinging the door open. He quickly crouched down next to a bleeding Jay and started to panick. He lifted up the other's shirt and saw a huge stab wound. Jungwon took of his own shirt and pressed onto Jay's belly, earning a pained groan from the other. Jungwon looked at the ground and allowed the tears to blur his vision once again. "I am sorry Jay. It's all my fault. I should have never told you who I am. I should have never interacted with you. I should have never—"

"Wonie."

Jungwon looked up and Jay put his hand onto the younger's cheek, rubbing soothing circles onto it with his thumb. He smiled a bit. "Jungwon. It's fine. I would fight a thousand dad's just so I could be with you." He attempted to chuckle, but immediately regretted it, as he felt the pain he was feeling getting more intense.

"I love you." He said and pressed a gentle and warm kiss onto Jungwon's lips. The latter kissed him back, but pulled back when Jay started coughing like crazy, spitting his blood out onto his shirt. "Never—" He attempted to say, but was interrupted by another cough. "Jay, stop talking. You're making it worse."

Jay only smiled lightly. "Never forget that I love you, Wonie." He said and slowly closed his eyes. Jungwon pulled Jay's head onto his lap and pressed his fingers against his neck, checking his pulse. It's faint, but he's still alive. "Jay-ah?" He shook the other and nudged him. "Jay? Nonononono! Jay, wake up! Everything will be okay! You will be ok! Please stay with me!"

--------------------------------------------------

tick-tack-tick-tack

The clock was ticking. Jungwon has been sitting in the waiting room of the hospital for the last few hours, with a few mental breakdowns in between. He sighed and clenched his fists, feeling the tears come up once again. "Jungwon?"

As soon as he heard that voice, he broke down and let his tears fall. The other just pulled him into a hug and put his arms around his waist. Jungwon let his head fall into the younger's neck. "Ni-ki.." Yes. He called Ni-ki. The two hadn't seen each other in four months, because Ni-ki went to another university than all the others. "It's all my fault." Jungwon said as he pulled away and looked to the ground, the guilt and shame slowly eating him up.

Ni-ki pulled the other's face up harshly and stared into his eyes. "Jungwon. Don't you dare say something like that. You cannot control what your father does. Did you tell him to do that to Jay? No you did not. So it's not your fault. Okay?"

Jungwon nodded and smiled slightly putting his head on the other's shoulder again. He was about to drift back to sleep, when he heard footsteps walking towards him. "Are you Yang Jungwon?" He quickly opened his eyes and sat up, looking the doctor into the eyes. "Yes. I am."

"Okay, come with me." Jungwon stood up and looked back at Ni-ki who was lightly smiling at him and nodded, telling him to go. When Jungwon left, Ni-ki sighed and let his tears fall aswell, after all, he was Jay's friend too. He got a call and looked at the caller-ID 'ddeonu <3'. He smiled and picked it up.

"Hey, Love."

--------------------------------------------------

Jungwon walked into the doctor's office and sat down, studying his surroundings. "He's alive." He wanted to collapse right there. His lover was still alive. "He will be released in maybe two weeks. He's still sleeping right now, but you can visit him tomorrow."

Jungwon nodded and left the office, smiling brightly.

--------------------------------------------------

THIS STORY IS ALMOST OVER AHHH