Depressed Gusu

In the quiet streets of Gusu, Wei WuXian wandered, his soul as empty as the void left by the loss of his precious daughter. The weight of her fragile body lingered in his arms, and the haunting memory of her last breath echoed through his shattered heart.

Grieving silently, he revisited the nightmares of his past, the Burial Mounds where cannibalism became a gruesome necessity. The echoes of desperate cries and the taste of desperation still haunted him, threatening to consume him once more.

As Wei WuXian's husband, Lan Zhan witnessed his beloved wither away in the wake of their daughter's demise, he felt the foundation of their love crumbling. The shared pain was a silent chasm, widening between them.

Lan WangJi was afraid of losing his husband again. Caught between the grief of losing his 3 months toddler and the fear of yet again losing Wei Ying, left him trembling in terror.

Wei WuXian, despite having his husband by his side, found himself adrift in a sea of sorrow, unable to anchor his shattered soul. Each passing moment felt like a descent into an abyss of nothingness. He clung to the memories of his daughter, haunted by the helplessness he felt watching her slip away. The warmth of his husband's presence offered little solace in the face of this profound loss.

In the midst of Wei WuXian's despair, his brother Jiang Cheng, whose heart had long been hardened by enmity, felt an unexpected crack. The walls that stood tall against his older brother's existence began to crumble. Jiang Wanyin found himself unable to harbor hatred toward the one who had sacrificed so much for their family, especially witnessing the depths of Wei WuXian's grief.

Jiang Cheng's heart softened as he recognized the shared pain between them. The bond of brotherhood, strained by past conflicts, now revealed its enduring strength. He couldn't continue to hold resentment towards Wei WuXian, nor towards his brother-in-law, who shared in the anguish of losing his niece.

In this fragile moment, Jiang Cheng's protective instincts flared. Anyone who had dared to poison his late niece would face a wrathful reckoning.

The siblings, once torn apart by tragedy and misunderstandings, found themselves united in the face of a grief that transcended past grievances.

...

In the Jianghu, where enmity and hatred once thrived towards Wei WuXian, a somber understanding spread. Even the cultivation world dared not touch this grieving predator, for he was a man who had shown them the depths of horror. Now, he was a shattered soul, mourning in a way that silenced even the most hardened hearts.

The world mourned with Wei WuXian, the once-feared criminal, now a vulnerable predator grappling with a loss that transcended the boundaries of the Jianghu.

End.

Hello yet again 👋🏼 Yes, I'm still on hiatus and yes, I still have some weird shit to revise for the exams but I just couldn't hold back from writing this intruding idea for a fanfic. Honestly the inspiration for this has sadly come from a true story of a mother who had to watch her 6 months old baby day from a weak heart. May the child rest in peace.

Also, if you have noticed, I've tried to change the writing to a more formal way of a short story than a fanfic, which is.. weird. Like really, I was re-reading this while I edited it and it felt off. So I probably won't write in this style any time soon.

Please let me know in the comments how you felt about this while reading it.