CHAPTER 18

She slowly walked towards kitchen just to see Areum who was kissing Vernon.

Vernon pushed her away, "What the-" Vernon stopped. The bouquet in her hand fell down. Hearing the sound Vernon looked at her, his heart stopped for a moment, "Y-Y/n, it's nothing like that, please believe me. Please let me explain".

Rage could be seen in her eyes, "I can see everything going on here, Vernon. You don't need to justify", she gritted her teeth. She bent down and took the bouquet to keep it aside. "Y/n, please don't misunderstand anything", Vernon tried to walk towards her but stopped seeing her sharp gaze.

Y/n walked in and stood between them, "I never thought I would do this but you made me", Y/n said and soon a sound of slap echoed throughout the house, Y/n slapped Areum. Areum held her cheek, her eyes burning in anger, "Yah, why did you slap me", she yelled.

"You think I am an idiot? You think that I don't know your tactics?", Y/n said, "Areum, I have known him enough to know that he will never cheat on me and if you were thinking that I'll break this marriage because I saw him kissing a lady then you are wrong. Totally wrong. I am not like others who jump to conclusion. I have eyes Areum, I clearly saw what just happened here", Y/n said.

She was burning out of anger but kept her calm as she knows it could affect her health, "You think coming here, in my house and kissing my fiancée was a good idea?", Y/n shouted. Areum flinched but still kept looking at her with anger filled in her eyes. For first time someone slapped her, "My parents never dared to raise their hands on me but you did", Areum murmured.

"I wish if your parents had given you such slaps whenever needed then you wouldn't have been here kissing someone's fiancée", Y/n glared at her. She wanted to slap her on other cheek too but held herself. Y/n's anger was no joke. Once she is angry then no one can stop her.

"You think he likes you? Don't forget this is a arranged marriage and not a love one. You don't even share a same room. I am sure you didn't even kiss", Y/n kept quiet. "Who said I don't like her? I like her. Any problem with it", Vernon said. Areum looked at him with an unreadable expression.

"Really? Why don't you kiss her then?", Areum challenged. Y/n who was already angry because of her behavior, pulled Vernon by his shirt pressing her lips on his. She tilted her head to deepen the kiss. Vernon soon kissed her back.

Y/n kept her hands on his cheeks while his hands went to her waist pulling her closer. Both loved this feeling. Y/n felt butterflies in her stomach, for first ever time while Vernon didn't want to let her go. He loved the feeling of having her lips on his. For a moment they forgot a human standing there, her eyes burning in jealousy.

They broke the kiss. Y/n's eyes were still closed. Even if they kissed for a short time, for them it was something they would never forget, their first kiss. Y/n took a moment to catch her breath.

The kiss only fuelled Areum's anger. Y/n looked back at Areum.

"Will you get out or should I do that too?", Y/n said. "I won't go. I like him and-", Before Areum could complete her sentence, Y/n dragged her along with her. "Bye and see you never", saying this she closed the door on Areum's face. "Open the door", Areum aggressively knocked.

Y/n opened the door, "Here are your things. Now never see you again. This is the last time I am warning you Areum. Don't test my patience", Y/n kept her things on side and closed the door again. Areum again knocked aggressively but soon stopped seeing few people judging her.

"Y/n", Vernon stopped her. "Look at me", he held her cheeks and slightly caressed them, "I am sorry. I was preparing a suprise but she came here. I didn't knew she would do something like this. Please trust me it was nothing like that".