CHAPTER 23

Author's Pov:

The sun was shining brightly as usual. Vernon's hands were wrapped around Y/n's waist.

"Good morning", he whispered. Y/n snuggled more into his embrace, "Good morning".

He kissed her head, "You okay?", he asked. Y/n hummed, "Just a little sore".

"Want me to help you?", he asked caressing her hair. She shook her head. "You know you were wild last night", he teased. "Shut up", she whispered and hid her face against his chest hiding her blush, "I don't want to get up", she murmured. "Sleep well", Vernon said pulling her closer.

Time skip,
At Areum's house

"Where were you? What did you do whole day?", A stern voice asked. "Eomma, I was with my friends today", Areum said to her mother.

Her mother scoffed, "Your friends? Do you have any?". Areum kept looking down, "I do. I am old enough to go out without your permission".

"You don't. They are just using you Areum and-"

"Aren't you too using me Eomma for your benefits? Aren't you doing the same thing just to satisfy your ego?", Areum's said angrily

"Shut up. I am you mother"

"But you never behaved like one, Eomma. You are just my parents for namesake nothing else. Appa doesn't even care if I am alive or not. All he cares about is his business and you always care about how to keep your head high using me. You did-", Areum was cut off by a sharp slap.

"I wish I wouldn't have adopted you"

"Even me, Eomma. It would have been hundred times better if I had died along with my real parents that day", saying this Areum ran away.

She ran until she found a quite place. She sat on bench, tears streamed down her face, "Had a bad day?", she heard the familiar voice.

She looked up to see Y/n. "It's none of your business. You must happy seeing me cry", Areum said. "Why would I be happy?", Y/n smiled, "Yeah, I know the things you did makes me want to slap you, pull your hair and make you bald but I am not happy to see you crying. I am not that bad".

"But at the end you are human too. I have heard from your cousins that you were good, I don't know much because you were always on my bad side", Areum was taken aback by her honest reply.

"I know. I am sorry", Areum replied, "Every day I go back home, the only thing I hear from Eomma is that she regrets adopting me but when I decide to leave the house she begs me to not. I am tired of this now. After your wedding, she again did the same thing but this what she did actually made me hate her".

Y/n looked at her curious eyes, "What did she do?". Areum smiled sadly, "She tore and burnt the only picture I had of my family. I was too young to remember them but the only thing I know is that they died in an fire accident and they gave up their life to save me. I had that picture in my bag that time. I still had that picture until Eomma decided to burn it. Let's just say that it was my last memory. I lost everything in that fire accident but only the picture remained. I couldn't help but hate her. I was okay with everything she did but not this. I hate it how my real parents gave up on their life just to save me. A person like me. It feels like I lost everything now. I have no one by my side. I distanced myself from them", Areum said.

"You can be good too, Areum. May be there is a distance between you and them but that distance can be reduced, they will happily accept you once you are the same old Areum which I don't know about but I'd love to know", Y/n said.

"They might, they might not, I don't know but right now the only thing I want to do is leave that house and stay somewhere else", Areum said looking at Y/n.