CHAPTER 22

Author's Pov:

"I am hungry", Jisoo whined. "I'll go and make something. It is also lunch time so", Y/n said. "I'll come and help you", Yuna and Soojin stood up to help her but Y/n said, "It's okay. I'll do, it is nothing much. If I need help I'll call you".

"You sure? I will help you", Yuna said but Y/n politely declined. After Y/n went, "Vernon, go and help your wife, go , go", Mingyu pushed him inside.

While working a pair of hands wrapped around her waist. At first she flinched at the sudden contact but, "Shh, it's me Vernon", he whispered near her ear. She felt a tingling sensation running down her spine. "What are you making anyways", she felt him keeping his head on her shoulder.

"Just a kimchi stew amd rice, you want something else?", she closed the vessel with lid amd turned around facing Vernon. "But why are you here? Did they leave you?", Vernon clicked his tongue shaking his head.

"Nope, they sent me in to help you. Anyways, they will end up debating about something", He said. Y/n didn't ask about what as he answered, "For example, What if humans can fly like birds". Y/n laughed.

"I can't believe you are my wife now", Vernon closing the distance. "I am glad you are my husband", Y/n smiled. Both closed their eyes leaning forward. Their lips were about to touch but

"Vernon", Soojin yelled. She came inside, "Vernon, you are here. Can you give us water? What are you doing there?", Soojin asked.

"Umm, I came here to take bottles for you all. Your throat might have dried yelling at them, right? You go, I'll bring bottles", Vernon said pointing behind. Soojin looked at him, "But the fridge is here", Soojin pointed behind her back, "But the place you are pointing is oven. Don't tell me you are keeping it inside the oven".

Vernon threw an apple at her, "Here, take it. Don't ask questions. I'll bring the water bottles". Soojin caught the apple, "Hmm", she took a bite of apple and went away.

"Sorry", he kissed her forehead and took some water bottles for them. Y/n nodded. He came back and pecked her lips, "Will be back soon". After Vernon went Y/n gave a shy smile.

Unknown to them a pair of eyes were watching her, filled with guilt. She regretted doing everything in her anger.

Y/n's eyes landed on her, "Areum?". She came inside, "Umm, I am going back. Something came up. The others were busy so I thought of telling you", the tension between them could be easily felt. Y/n nodded, "Why don't you have lunch and go? It is already done".

Areum thought for a second and agreed. "Hmm, Can I help you?", She asked. Y/n shook her head, "I can do it", Y/n shortly answered.

"I and my Eomma had huge fight yesterday", Areum started, "She did things she shouldn't have said. I hate her".

Y/n was quiet. She decided to ignore it. "I am sorry", Areum said. Hearing her saying sorry, Y/n mistakenly touched the hot vessel.

"Ouch", the vessel fell from her hand. "Shit!", Areum took Y/n's hand to sink and ran cool water.

"What-", Vernon ran beside her taking Y/n's hand in his, "How did this happened? Where was your mind?".

"Did you do this?", Siwoo asked. Areum shook her head, "Why would I do something like that?", she defended herself.

"No. She didn't do. I was just zoning out so I burnt my hand nothing else", Y/n clarified. "Is it paining", Vernon asked. Y/n shook her head, "It is common thing while cooking, Vernon".

"Here, the lotion. Apply it. It will help her to ease the pain", Areum quietly slided the lotion. "Apply some ice too", Siwoo suggested earning a smack on head by Jisoo.