CHAPTER 19

Author's Pov:

Days went so fast that only 2 days were remaining for the marriage. Vernon's mother was so strict about not meeting that she even made Hana and Harin stay with her. Vernon started living with his parents. She believed it was a good sign if they didn't meet each other. Vernon and Y/n talked to each other secretly by calling but didn't meet. They even adjusted a single bed in Y/n's room so that Hana can sleep on that. Also Harin and Joshua were officially a couple.

It was 2 am, Y/n, Harin and Hana were sleeping in a same room. "Y/n", "Y/n", Someone was trying to wake her up. Y/n slowly opened her eyes. She gasped, "Wh- mhm", The person shut her mouth. "Shh". "How did you enter?", Y/n whispered shouted. "Through window".

It was Vernon. Y/n looked at her side to see Harin and Hana in deep sleep. "Come with me", Vernon took her to the window. First Vernon jumped out and then with his help Y/n jumped down too.

"But won't they notice that I am not here", Y/n hesitantly said. "Don't worry I have taken care of that too", he pointed some where. Y/n looked at that direction. There stood Joshua and a sleepy Seungkwan waving at her who was glaring at Vernon earlier. Y/n smiled at them.

"Don't tell me you woke them up from the sleep", Y/n asked. "No, they woke up themselves as soon as I mentioned Harin and Hana. You know those 2 girls are so busy keeping an eye on you that they didn't meet their boyfriend", Vernon explained.

"Now come", Vernon dragged her with him to his bike. "Here", he made her wear helmet. "But where are we going?", she asked. Vernon didn't reply anything. Y/n rested her head on his back while hugging him, "Just make sure I don't end up in hospital", Y/n murmured.

Soon they reached their house. Vernon slowly opened the door. He closed Y/n's eyes, "What are you doing?", she asked. Soon he took her to a room. Y/n opened her eyes. Soft music started playing. It wasn't totally dark. Vernon came infront of her, "What to have a dance with me?", he asked. Y/n laughed. The only source of light was moon. Vernon took her hand and started dancing.

Both kept the eye contact while dancing. "I want to see you in wedding dress so bad. Eomma didn't even let me see you", Vernon said joining his forehead to hers. Their body slowly moving as the music goes on. Vernon slowly intertwined his hands with hers. "Just 2 more days Vernon and you will see me in wedding dress", Y/n smiled. "I can't wait", Vernon said. "But why suddenly you brought me here? Just for dance?", Y/n asked.

"Yeah, that is there too but also there is another reason. I'll tell you that later, for now let's just enjoy our moment", Vernon said and spinned her around back hugging her. "Vernon, if you don't mind", she felt Vernon nod, "Can we both share same room after the wedding?". Vernon made her face him, "I would love to".

Time skip,

"I didn't even realise it is 3 am", Y/n said. "Y/n, as I said before there are 2 reasons I brought you here. I wanted to tell you about Areum. For a long time you were curious about what happened. We are getting married soon, you should each and everything about my family", Vernon said in a serious tone.

"I was something like 10 when this happened. Areum's mother is such a person who won't let any one hurt her pride even if she did others. She is a person who expects you to give her respect when she, herself treats you like a dirt. You know Areum is adopted. Areum's real parents died when she was too young. Her parents always expected Areum to be on top. She was 8 when she was adopted.

The reason she was adopted is because of her mother. After 8 years of marriage she couldn't conceive. Some of my relatives started to gossip about her and sometimes they used to intentionally brag about their children infront of her, it sounded more like a taunt. That's when she adopted Areum. Mrs.Hwang wanted Areum to become an all rounder. She wanted that because she wanted all to praise her daughter. A lot of times we had seen Areum cry because of how her mother used to always force her to do something.