𝟔: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

Sunlight, a buttery finger, crept through the curtains and danced across Aisha's face

Sunlight, a buttery finger, crept through the curtains and danced across Aisha's face. A soft chime, like wind chimes in a gentle breeze, shattered the morning stillness. It was her bangles, their delicate clinking a melody only they knew. Aisha stirred, blinking away the remnants of sleep. A harsh 7:00 AM glared back from the bedside clock, a stark reminder of her impending doom.

Pehli rasoi. Her first kitchen performance as a newlywed, and she was already behind schedule. Last night, her mother's words had settled in her stomach like a lead weight. "Tomorrow is pehli rasoi, beta. It's just a ritual, but I would be happy if you could do it, don't stress much though, okay?"

Beside her, Kabir lay sprawled in a picture of peaceful slumber. The slow rise and fall of his chest was a tempting lullaby, a promise of a few more stolen moments of sleep. 

With a soft sigh, Aisha reached out. Her fingers brushed against Kabir's shoulder, a featherlight touch that sent a spark dancing across their connected skin. "Kabir ji," she murmured, her voice laced with a gentle urgency.

He stirred a low rumble emanating from his chest. "Hmm?" he mumbled, his voice thick with sleep.

"Uthiye," she whispered, "nahi to mujhe choriye mujhe niche jana hai" 

(Wake up, or leave me I have to go downstairs)

He cracked open one eye, a slow smile spreading across his face. 

"Kahan jaa rahi ho?" he asked, his voice still laced with sleep, winning like a kid.

(Where are you going?) 

Memories of the night flickered in her mind – searing kisses, whispered demands, a surrender that left her breathless and spent. Now, all she had on was his discarded shirt, a flimsy barrier between her and the looming day. The lingering ache in her body spoke volumes of his relentless pursuit of pleasure. The memory of his touch, both possessive and tender, sent a jolt of electricity through her. It was a touch that both exhilarated and terrified her, a touch that promised a future filled with a passion that bordered on obsession.

"Wake up," she whispered again, this time with a hint of steel in her voice. It wasn't a request, it was a command, "I need to get ready."

Ready for what, wife?" he drawled, his voice a caress that sent shivers down her spine. He smiled in a predatory manner. 

She blushed a little. 

Suddenly, a shift beside her. Kabir's eyes, a stormy grey, flickered open, catching the glint of the rising sun reflected in the bangles on her wrist. A slow, predatory smile played on his lips. His hand snaked out, lazily brushing against the exposed skin of her shoulder.

A jolt of electricity shot through Aisha. She wanted to pull away, to remind him of the ticking clock on the bedside table, but something held her captive. His gaze drifted down, tracing the line of his discarded shirt clinging to her curves. There was a possessiveness in his eyes that both terrified and exhilarated her.