𝟏𝟖: 𝐔𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝

Hello beautiful people! 

So here's the new update, I hope you like the story so far, I have many things planned for this story. Let me remind you again, even with all the family stuff involved, this story is DARK and would have DARK THEMES, my characters are Grey, and no character neither FMC nor MMC is perfect. They will have their fair share of mistakes and fuckups. So proceed with an open mind. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The air crackled with tension after my fight with Kabir ji. The bed felt cold and empty, a testament to his absence. He must have gotten swamped with work, I reasoned, pushing down a flicker of worry.

The next morning dawned bright and bustling. Today was Riya's first rasoi, a traditional ceremony for a new bride. Bustling into the kitchen, I offered to help Riya with the menu.

"What should we make for breakfast?" I asked, emerging from the kitchen.

Riya, as usual, turned shy under the spotlight. This girl! Attention always flustered her. "Anything is fine," she mumbled.

"Let's make something you like, right Choti Maa?" I nudged her, knowing I'd have to make the decision for Riya. "Dosa?"

Riya managed a small smile as Choti Maa nodded in agreement. Just then, a new voice cut through our conversation.

"Riya di?"

We all turned to see Rohan standing there, Riya's mentee. Confusion clouded my face. "Rohan? What brings you here?"

Riya stammered, struggling to form words. Why was she so nervous? Did she know he was coming?

"Actually, Aishu..." Riya began, but before she could finish, Akshat's booming voice filled the hall.

"I brought him last night."

"Who is he, Akshat?" Chote Papa demanded.

"Papa," Akshat interjected, "he's Rohan, a friend of a friend. He needed a place to stay for a month, and my friend requested I help him out. He'll be in the guestroom downstairs."

Chote Papa's frown deepened. "Akshat, there are ladies here. You should have informed us beforehand, and asked permission from me or Shekhar Bhai."

"Papa, please," Riya interjected, surprising me. "He didn't know, he didn't get the chance, and he was tired last night. I convinced Akshat ji to let him stay. Please don't be angry with him."

Seeing Riya defend Akshat like that, a pang shot through me. This girl was truly smitten.

Chote Papa, however, remained unmoved. "Don't take his side, beta. I'll have a word with you later in the office." He directed a calm but firm look at Riya before turning his fury on Akshat.