𝟐𝟕: 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐲

I hope one day you'll come back to me

You've got that fighting spirit, just like your mom. She was a real tough cookie, and I made sure she knew it.

You're like the last piece of a jigsaw puzzle, the one that completes the picture.

Can't you see how much we need you? How much do I need you? It's time to show, you're on our side. I've been understanding and patient, but if I have to, I'll do whatever it takes to bring you back.

You mean everything to me, more than just a princess.

As I moved through the crowd, the echoes of his voice lingered in my mind like a haunting melody

As I moved through the crowd, the echoes of his voice lingered in my mind like a haunting melody. His words, sharp as thorns, pierced through the fragile veil of my heart, leaving behind wounds that refused to heal. I longed for his touch, his warmth, his presence beside me, but instead, I found myself enveloped in a cold and lonely embrace.

My thoughts drifted back to the last time we stood together; the bitterness of our parting still fresh upon my lips. His eyes once filled with tenderness, now held nothing but scorn and disdain. He spoke words of cruelty, words that cut deeper than any blade, severing the bonds that once bound us together.

And yet, despite the pain, despite the anguish that threatened to consume me, I couldn't help but yearn for him. For in his absence, I found myself adrift in a sea of loneliness, longing for the comfort of his embrace, the reassurance of his love.

Lost in my reverie, I barely noticed the approach of my friend Jay until he stood before me, his concerned gaze searching mine. "Aisha," he said softly, his voice a gentle caress against the tumult of my thoughts. "Are you alright?"

I forced a smile, though it felt like a hollow gesture, a mere facade to hide the ache within. "I'm fine, Jay," I replied, my voice betraying none of the turmoil raging within. "Just lost in thought."

But Jay was not so easily fooled. He reached out, his hand brushing against mine, a silent gesture of comfort and support. "You don't have to pretend with me, Aisha," he said, his eyes filled with understanding. "I can see the pain in your eyes, the longing in your heart. Talk to me."