𝟖: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞

The air crackled with playful tension

The air crackled with playful tension. Kabir, caught off guard, squeaked, "Kon hai yaar?" in a voice that vibrated with both annoyance and a hint of amusement. His question was drowned out by a fit of giggles as she tried, in vain, to escape Kabir's hold. He was a fortress, his arms wrapped impossibly tight around her.

(Who is it now?)

Kabir, revelling in her squirming, feigned a dramatic sigh. "The suspense is killing me," she teased, his growl low and husky with annoyance. Finally, with a playful grunt, he released her, but not before a strategically placed swat landed on her ass biting his lip seductively.

"Bhabhi!" Aisha whirled around, cheeks burning, to find Kabir's sisters, Akshita and Maanya, standing in the doorway. "You are looking so pretty," Maanya gushed, "But why is your saree wet from the front?"

Aisha's mind raced. "That's because of your stupid brother," she silently fumed, directing a withering glare at Kabir.

"What?" Maanya asked unable to hear her rumbling.

"Oh, nothing," she stammered out loud, feeling the heat rise in her face.

Maanya, oblivious to the unspoken drama, chirped, "Okay, okay, let's go down. Tai and maa are calling you for rasoi."

Just as the sisters turned to leave, Kabir's voice, smooth as butter, cut through the air. "Jao, woh aa rahi hai."

(Go down, she's coming right away)

His sisters erupted in giggles, their eyes sparkling with mischief. Leaning in conspiratorially towards Aisha, Akshita whispered, "Bhabhi, jaldi karna. I'll tell them you're in the washroom."

(Bhabhi, make it fast)

With a wink, they disappeared, leaving Aisha alone with Kabir. She spun around, her voice laced with exasperation, "Ye kya kiya aapne? Ab woh sochenge ki hum..."

(What did you just do? Now they'll get the idea that we were...)

Kabir's smug grin widened. "Ki hum..." he echoed, his voice trailing off into a suggestive silence. Before she could respond, he was upon her again, his arms caging her warmth against his own. His eyes, gleaming with a devilish spark, held a silent promise that sent a thrill down Aisha's spine.

(That we were...)

Heat radiated from Aisha's cheeks as Kabir's arms tightened around her. "Apko bilkul sharam nahi aati?" she stammered, her voice laced with mock irritation. Yet, she couldn't bring herself to pull away, burying her face further into the warmth of his chest. Embarrassment, both sweet and annoying, crackled in the air.

(Don't you have any shame?)

Kabir, sensing her fluster, chuckled. "Apni biwi se romance karne mein kaisi sharam," he countered, his warm breath tickling her ear.