𝟑𝟐: 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧

The stale air of the abandoned parking lot hung heavy, amplifying the thudding of Kabir's heart against his ribs

The stale air of the abandoned parking lot hung heavy, amplifying the thudding of Kabir's heart against his ribs. He stood a few paces from her, eyes squeezed shut, knuckles white from gripping his fists.

"You had the chance to execute the Lord's plan, why didn't you do it? Why didn't you just finish me up and leave me even after I said all those horrible things to you?" He asked. 

She, on the other hand, found herself rooted to the spot, mid-motion to turn away. His question pierced through the carefully constructed wall of indifference she'd built. Her face, a battlefield of conflicting emotions, mirrored the turmoil within. Hurt flickered in her eyes, warring with a vulnerability she desperately tried to suppress. Words, once easy companions, now felt like leaden weights, refusing to rise to the surface.

The silence stretched, thick and suffocating. He meant everything to her, a truth as undeniable as the air she breathed. Yet, the sting of his words remained a fresh wound that ached with a dull, persistent throb. She understood the reason, perhaps, but understanding didn't erase the pain. Some things, like unspoken apologies and unspoken love, lingered in the air, a heavy burden shared by two souls unwilling to speak their truths. In that silent moment, she realized the immensity of the chasm between them, a chasm words might not be able to bridge. So, she waited, hoping, praying, that silence would speak the language her heart couldn't. For sometimes, the quiet ache of unspoken emotions holds a power that words can only dream of possessing.

"Kyu nahi kiya, Aisha?" he said again waking her up from the dreamland. 

(Why didn't you do it, Aisha?)

"Kyu nahi kiya? Kyu nahi badla liya? Wo kya hain na Mr. Kabir Oberoi, ek aurat sabse jeet sakti hai, family problems, financial problems, society, har kisi ke taane sun sakti hai, har kisi se lad sakti hai, jhagad sakti hai, nafrat kar sakti hai, par wo haar jaati hai....haar jaati uske ek shaks ke saamne jisse wo pyaar karti hai...bas nahi chalta uska...use lagta hai ki bas ye hi meri duniya yehi hai jo hai....ye jo bolega sab sahi hai jo karega everything is for me...yaad hain na aapko?? Kya kaha tha maine hamari shaadi wali raat ko??? Yaad hai ya nahi???"

(Why didn't you do it? Why didn't you seek revenge? You know, Mr. Kabir Oberoi, a woman can conquer everything. Family problems, financial problems, society, she can face everyone's taunts, fight with everyone, argue, even hate, but she loses... she loses in front of that one boy she loves... It just doesn't work for her... She feels like this is her world, where whatever he says, whatever he does, everything is for her... Do you remember? What I said to you on our wedding night? Do you remember or not?)

Ab aap hi hai jo hai, aap jo denge, dukh sukh, hum sab rakh lenge... Kabir closed his eyes as he remembered her words. 

(You are the one who has it all, whatever you give, joy or sorrow, I'll embrace it all...)

"Wo hota hai ek aurat ka pyaar!! Samjhe aap?? Chahe wo saari duniya se jeet ke aa jaye, par uske aage haar jati hai wo...haar j-ja-ti h-hai.." she said lying down holding my legs and sobbing loudly.