𝟐𝟒: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

THREE WEEKS LATER

THREE WEEKS LATER

The air in the apartment hung heavy, thick with the scent of betrayal and disbelief. Aisha clutched the divorce papers in her trembling hands, tears blurring the harsh black and white legalese. Across the room, Kabir sat hunched over his laptop, his back stiff and unyielding. The glow of the screencast an eerie light on his face, deepening the shadows of anger etched there.

"Just leave my place this instant," Kabir's voice cut through the tense silence, cold and devoid of emotion. It was a stark contrast to the warmth that usually filled his tone when he addressed her.

Aisha, her voice barely a whisper, choked out, "W..hat happened Kabir ji?" The honorific title, a term of endearment used for years, felt foreign on her tongue now.

Kabir didn't look up from the screen, his words clipped. "I don't want to be with you anymore."

"What? The prank is not funny Kabir ji," Aisha pleaded, tears welling up in her eyes. She tried to sound strong, wiping away the moisture with the back of her hand, but her voice betrayed the fear creeping into her heart.

Kabir slammed his laptop shut, the sudden movement making Aisha flinch. He finally turned towards her, his gaze cold and unforgiving. "Do I look like I am doing a prank on you?"

The finality in his voice shattered any hope Aisha clung to. This wasn't a misunderstanding, a cruel joke. Kabir was deadly serious. "Just leave," he continued, his voice laced with disdain. "The money will be sent to you monthly. I don't care if you live or die."

Aisha's world tilted on its axis. The man who had worshipped the ground she walked on, who had showered her with affection for as long as she could remember, was now discarding her like yesterday's trash. "What?" she whispered, her voice barely audible. The sound of his words echoed in the room, a cruel melody that mocked their past.

I will never ever, ever fall. His voice echoed in her ears.

Panic flared in her eyes. "What are you saying? No, no, you are lying!" Her voice rose in a desperate plea. "There has to be another reason. I know something's wrong, that's why you're making this up! Is someone watching us? Are we in danger? I have to tell Akshu, he'll know what to do!" Her breath hitched as she reached for her phone, her mind racing for a way out of this sudden nightmare.

He held her hands and jerked her towards himself,

"Your holes are way too fucking loose for me now, I don't care if you are alive or dead in an unnamed road, I don't give a flying fuck, I just wanted to fulfil my desires, and now I am bored with you, you don't make me feel anything when I fuck you, it feels like I am pounding on a sack, I disgust the feeling,"

The world seemed to drain of color as Aisha stared, speechless. His words hung in the air, heavy and unbelievable. It felt as though the very ground had crumbled beneath her, leaving her to plummet into a bottomless pit of shock. Tears welled in her eyes, blurring the sight of his averted gaze. He wouldn't even look at her. As if in slow motion, her legs gave way, and she sank to the floor with a heavy thud.