Chapter 39

(Jennifer)

* 2 months later*

I grab all my things and shove them into my suitcase. I zip it up and look around the room. I think I've got everything. "Ready?" I ask, looking over to Nick. He seems to be having a problem zipping his suitcase. "Here." I press down on the top of it and then sit on it. He zips it up and I jump off. "You ready now?" I ask, laughing. "Yeah, let's go." I grab my suitcase and we walk downstairs.

I lean my head against the window while he drives and listen to the music filling the car. He starts singing along to the music. I recognize the song as stay with me by Sam smith. I join him, giggling at how ridiculous we sound. We pull into the airport parking lot and he turns off the car. I stay still for a moment while he gets out, not in a hurry to get on our flight. He grabs both of our bags and I get out and follow him with Collin and Ali. We still have like thirty minutes until our flight. We walk in and I spot a small cafe inside. "Do you wanna go in there while we wait?" I ask. I can smell the coffee from here. "Sure, whatever you want." He says, smiling at me. His smile is adorable. It takes a while to walk there, considering that I can't walk very fast. "I'll carry them on the way back. They're probably heavier than our bags." He says, as we set our things down. "What do you want? I'll go get it." He asks, looking up at the menu above the counter. "I just want some water and a blueberry muffin." I sit down and wait for him to come back. He returns minutes later with my muffin, tea and water. "Thanks." He sets it down on the table and then sits down. Collin and Ali's car seats take up most of the table. I pick at my muffin while we wait.

We had to sit with Nick in front of me with Ali and Collin next to me. I check to see if Collin's watching, then I kick Nicks seat. Collin laughs so I do it again and again. Nick turns around on the third try. "You think it's funny to kick my seat?" He asks, smiling. I cover my face, laughing, but nod. "What are you gonna do about it?" I ask, kicking his seat again. "You'll see when we get off this plane." He says, menacingly. Then he winks at me.

I sit down on the couch after Nick goes upstairs to put our stuff up and wrap my arms around myself. We've only been here for a few hours, but I already wish we were home. Collin and Ali fell asleep on the drive over here and have been asleep since. I observe my loose knit, light pink sweater and shorts. I look up and see his mom staring back at me. I've only seen her one other time since he doesn't visit her much. She has the same dark hair and bright blue eyes as Nick and his same accent. "So, you're pregnant again?" She sounds annoyed just to be talking to me. "Mhm." I nod, trying to avoid eye contact. She loved me last time I was here, at least she didn't act like this. "So who's baby is it then? Josh? Liam? Bradley? Chris? You probably don't even know do you?" She asks, staring me down. "Um." I have no idea what brought this on but now I really wish Nick would've let me help with unpacking. "I'm sorry. I don't know what you mean?" Now I just feel stupid, of course I know what she means. "Nick told me about the guy he caught you with. I'm guessing there were others right? How many? Five? Ten? Do you even realize what you've done to my son?" I feel my eyes start to sting. I can't believe I'm gonna cry over this. I look back at the stairs but Nick's still upstairs, clearly not coming to help me out. "Listen, I, uh, I don't know what Nick has told you but the baby is his-" I almost say babies, but I stop myself. There's no point in telling her now. "And I haven't been with anyone other than Nick aside from the one time that he knows of and I really regret it." I wipe the tears off my eyes and stand up. I quickly run up the stairs before she can see me cry. I go in the bathroom and shut the door, hoping Nick won't see me. I lean up against the wall and wait for myself to calm down, but I can't. "Jennifer?" I hear Nick's voice in the hallway and I quickly cover my mouth with my hand. "Are you okay?" He sounds like he's right outside the door now. He opens the door and turns on the light, making it go from dim to bright. "Hey, are you okay?" He asks. I sit down on the floor and cover my face, hoping he'll just leave me here. I don't wanna tell him what his mom said. "He pulls my hands away from my face and sits down. "You're really freaking me out. What happened?" He looks me over. "I'm just really sorry about everything and I know you said you forgive me but..." He wraps his arms around me. "My mom said something to you didn't she?" He asks. He pulls away and I nod, trying to wipe the tears off my face. "Shh.. Just try to calm down okay? I know you're sorry." He kisses my hair and wipes the tears off my face. "You okay now?" He asks, I nod and wipe my eyes off again. He gets up and walks out and I immediately follow him. "Nick wait." I try to grab his arm, but he's faster than me. He walks down the stairs and I wait at the bottom, seeing there's no point in chasing him.

A/N: save that drama for yo lama please *laughs at own self*