Chapter 42

(Jennifer)

I walk into the house, carrying Collin and Ali's car seats. I set them down and go back out to get the rest of our stuff while Nick brings Nicholas and Will inside. I get back and see that he's put them all upstairs in their rooms. I set our stuff down next to the couch and walk upstairs to change.

I change into shorts and a t-shirt and walk downstairs. Nick grabs our bags and starts to take it upstairs. "I've got it." I try to take them from him. "No. You need to go rest. I'll take them upstairs. Go sit down." I sigh and sit down on the couch. I could've taken them upstairs. I turn on the tv and find a movie. "Do you want something to eat?" Nick asks, standing in front of me. "Yes, please. Can you get me something?" I ask. I'm still tired from being on a strange sleep schedule in the hospital. "I'll be right back." He walks into the kitchen. I cover up with the plaid cover on the couch and lay down. He returns with Oreos, a bag of cool ranch Doritos, and a bottle of wine. "Here." He hands it to me and I start munching on the Doritos. "If you want, you could paint my toenails." I suggest, he smiles at me. "What color?" He looks at my socked feet. He pulls my socks off and throws them on the floor. "You choose." I stretch my leg out and touch his face with my foot. He gets up and runs up the stairs. He returns with dark red nail polish and a bottle of lotion. "I thought you'd like a foot massage too." He explains, holding up the bottle. I smile at him, he's everything I've ever wanted.

(Nick)

I sit down and pick up her foot. They're still swollen from her being pregnant. I run my thumb over her foot, inspecting it. I put some lotion in my hand and rub it into her foot. The lotion smells good, like roses. I start on her other foot, taking my time. I bring her foot up to my nose, inhaling the smell of lotion. I kiss the bottom of her foot and she giggles. I paint her toenails carefully, holding her foot. I blow on it, drying the paint. I finish her other foot, and put the nail polish and lotion on the floor.

She adjusts herself, so she's laying on top of me and curls up against me. I stroke her hair, and she yawns. "Go to sleep, I'll wake you up if they wake up." I tell her. I know she's tired. She falls asleep soon after and I can hear her snoring quietly. I watch her sleep, starting to fall asleep myself. I can't believe how far we've come. I kiss her hair. I can't believe she's mine. She's everything I've ever wanted.

A/N: I thought I'd end the story here since this seems like a good stoping point. So this is the end. :( thanks for reading.