🦋 13 🦋

✖️ TW: bottom of page ✖️

Time wasn't really a concept to you anymore

Truth be told, you weren't sure how much of it you'd been awake for.

This wasn't your world. You weren't like the rest of Steve's family. You weren't talented, or had powers, or tough, you were just regular. Horribly, boringly, normal.

You had no way of getting out of here. No plan, no self-rescue. Nothing.

It started to dawn on you for the first time, that you actually might not ever make it out of these four walls again.

It was a strange thing. To be so unequivocally confronted with your own mortality.

You hadn't really considered it before now, being in your late twenties. You just presumed you'd always have time, and plenty of it.

But now, all of the things you'd regretted not doing, or the chances you hadn't taken, played out like a movie behind your eyelids.

How you wished you'd not had to keep Bucky a secret.

You wished you could tell Steve that he saved you, a year ago, when he came into your dull life and made it extraordinary.

He treated you better than any of your exes did, he showed a kindness you hadn't known for most of your life. You'd never be able to repay him.

Repay the both of them.

You just hoped the boys didn't blame themselves when it happened. They were probably already sick with worry.

But they had each other. And the rest of the team. They'd make it through eventually.

You thought of your mom. How you hadn't even introduced Steve to her yet, let alone Bucky.

How you always wanted to own a dog, but never got the chance.

How you had wanted that wedding and that dress more than anything in the world.

Your eyes were too heavy to stay open. There was too much pain. It radiated all throughout your nerves until they felt so much pain that they started to switch off, one by one.

Perhaps this was your body finally dying.

You couldn't even remember most of the torture they'd inflicted upon you. Your body had given you the grace of blacking out at least.

You wonder what Hydra wanted. An organisation so corrupt and powerful, to take someone so unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

A yoga teacher.

They could've killed you by now, but they hadn't. Why?

You didn't think you would get your answers.