🦋 16 🦋

~ Three months later ~

The nightmares had softened over the last few weeks, and your bond with both men had hardened

Occasionally they would go off on intel-gathering missions, but one would always remain back with you.

You hadn't gone back to work yet. Truth be told, you weren't sure you could teach a class in that building again after the trauma there now.

Life felt very exciting, but very confusing at the same time.

Steve had breached the subject of you moving in permanently to the compound. You had been reluctant at first, but Bucky had joined in, saying how much safer it would be and how he would sleep easier at night too. You knew it had to be that way, and truth be told you wanted nothing more than to have somewhere suitable for the three of you.

So as an early wedding gift, Tony knocked through a whole floor of rooms to make you your own apartment. He pulled it together in record time too.

Now there was a huge master bedroom, a bed double the size of your King you were used to, with a conjoining large en-suite.

It was like Stark had, embarrassingly, planned perfectly for the three of you to have space. Because every detail was accounted for. The tub was larger than your average, enough to fit two supersoldiers and a regular human in, as was the walk in shower. The sofa in the living area was a large L-shape, two armchairs either side and plenty of kitchen and fridge space to accommodate for the supersoldiers' super appetite.

It was minimalist in decor, but you knew soon enough you could put your own touches to it, the more you moved things over from your apartment in the city.

The boys had yet to initiate sex, much to your displeasure, but you also appreciated their restraint. Thanks to the medics here and Stark and Banner, you were pretty much physically healed. Minus a small scar on your stomach where the bullet had entered and been stitched back up. Nat even joked that you matched now, which made you feel a little better.

Wanda, Pepper, Nat and even Tony, had helped you plan your ceremony to the two men. No one had made any comments to you about the bizarre nature of the wedding now being to three people instead of two. Although Nat was still insistent on knowing who was bigger.

You wanted the wedding to be simple. It would be held in the woods near Tony's personal cabin, away from the world. A small ceremony. Just the Avengers and a few of your family. You had picked out a beautiful white dress that you knew the men would love. And the rest you couldn't give a fuck about.

You wanted the marriage, not the wedding. You wanted to belong to them both, fully, wholly, with your soul.

"How did your Mom take the news?" Nat suddenly asks as you sit with the ladies, sipping coffee and trying to fill your mind with future plans, not the darkened past.