²⁶

Twenty Six |

Hyeji got inside her room and closed the door behind her. She immediately walked towards her wardrobe and opened it, searching for something.

She opened the drawers and rummaged her drawers, finding something.

"where the fuck is it..." she muttered to herself.

She frowned when she finally found it, pulling out a small frame of a picture. it was a picture of her and Kim together. She huffed and got up, walking out from her room, heading towards Jeno's room.

"Oppa" she said after got inside, seeing Jeno playing with his computer. "Yes, Hyeji?"

She walked closer towards Jeno and showed her the frame picture in her hands, "this" she said pointed at Kim. "Kim unnie full name was Kim Aera?"
Jeno calmly nodded his head, "yes... why?"

"That's mean, Kim unnie boyfriend was Jisung?" she asked again and once again Jeno nodded, "yes, what's wrong, Hyeji?"

She scoffed, "no wonders her name seems familiar..."

Jeno flashed a small smile and patted her shoulder in comforting, "Kim unnie once told me to introduce me to her boyfriend and once told me she wanted to race together with me..." Hyeji muttered in small voice.

He nodded his head and sighed.

Jeno took out something from his drawer and handed it to her. "Kim really loves you, she once told me she was super happy to meet you, a girl who she can shares everything"
Hyeji frowned, "this is the same bracelet as Jisung wore" she accepted the bracelet that Jeno gave.

"Yeah, she bought that for two of you, she was wearing it during the race, she told me to gave it to Jisung and you"

Hyeji huffed, "so Kim unnie was racing with Minhyuk. She lost to him?" Jeno nodded which made the girl scoffed in disbelief.
"I can't believe this, Minhyuk that jerk"

Jeno pursed his lips together. "Kim saw you as her little sister as she was always dying to have a little sister and you... always wanted an older sister"

Shut up Jeno. He's just making Hyeji cried harder.

"I guess you and Jisung are destined to meet" he smiled and Hyeji nodded. "Does Jisung actually knew about this? That I actually met Kim unnie?" the male shook his head and Hyeji sighed.

"I can't believe Minhyuk really ruined everyone's life easily"

Jeno pulled his sister into a hug, "it's okay baby sis... Kim must be proud of you right now if she knew you started stepping into the track again"

Hyeji chuckled and broke the hug.

"Oppa, you said you'll never hold me back from doing anything right?" Jeno furrowed his eyebrows and nodded, "yeah?"

The girl took a deep breath. "Then I want to race with Minhyuk"

Haechan rolled his eyes and dropped the utensils a little too harsh, startling Hyeji and she pursed her lips together

"I said stop bringing this up, can you?" the tanned male scoffed. "No is a no, what is it hard for you to understand? You can't race with him, end of discussion." - "but we can't just sit still and let him live freely just like that-" "shut up and don't give me that reason. That was exactly what Kim said to Jisung and us! No!"

Hyeji stood up and frowned, "so what?"

Haechan looked up and gave her the 'excuse me?' look.

"I hate seeing that manic living a better life than us as if he didn't ruin people's life! He deserves a lesson, he can't run away after causing an accident that happened on Kim unnie!"

"It's been years Hyeji, enough. What, you think by doing this Kim will come back?? No! So don't do it and for once listen to us and don't put yourself into a danger with Minhyuk, we can't handle him."

The girl shook her head and crossed her arms, "by what? sitting down and stay silent?"

Haechan groaned, "good God, does Kim's spirit went inside your body?? Call the exorcist Jeno, why the fuck is she being like this?!"

Jeno sighed and shook his head, ignoring the two, calmly continue his meals.

"Just for this once I want to be stubborn, I can sit still with what Minhyuk did to me, he can insults me or whatsoever but if this is about Kim unnie then I have to do something so that asshole can die or stayed inside the prison I don't care"

"I said end of discussion!"

"I don't care! Ugh, you are annoying!"

She left the dining room, "Hyeji. Lee Hyeji! You haven't finish your meal!" - "You finish it then!" she shouted back, walking towards her room.

Haechan sighed heavily and turned to Jeno, "did you hear your sister??" he asked in disbelief and Jeno shrugged, "your sister too- and she copied your attitude so?"
"No- Jeno, why are you so calm? She said she's going to race with that crazy guy!" Jeno placed down his utensils and wept his mouth.

"You know she won't listen to you this time, it's about Kim"

Haechan sighed, "so you agree with her?" Jeno pressed his lips into thin lines, "you know her skills is as great as Jisung, if Jisung won over him then Hyeji could do it too"

"But Jen-" "I know you are worried for her but why not you help her prepare herself, the car and trained her again instead of complaining like a mad grandma? She needs our supports"
Haechan huffed, "I can't believe you're on her side this time"

Jeno shrugged, "I'm always on her side?"

෴