¹⁴

Fourteen |

Jisung quietly sat while watching the race.
He brought Hyeji to another spot that's far from the crowd and not as noisy as it was beside the track.

Each day, Jisung learned new things about Hyeji.

He learned that there's still girls who include themselves into this kind of world, she's a hardwork person, an indeed very strong girl and hide her wound with smile on her face.

"I'm sorry to hear that"

Hyeji smiled and shook her head, "I just think you deserve to know" he pressed his lips into thin lines before opening the can drink and handed it to her.

"my first love also died in the circuit"

She turned to face him and he nodded his head, "she's just like you, someone who enjoys with cars and racing" he lowered his head, chuckling. "I once race with her, that's how I met her. She's totally like you, her characters and her interest. That's why it's a bit shocking when I first met you –you just resemble her a lot"

Hyeji continued listening attentively without interrupting him.

"There's one night we got into argument, it was very heated argument where it ended by her walking away just like that. I did warn her to not enter the circuit that night but of course she ignored and didn't listen"

He bit his lips, "that night I received a call from Mark hyung, she involved in a worse accident. Everything is just too late, we failed to reach the hospital on time and the hospital couldn't save her. I guess the universe love her more that's why they took her away"

Hyeji nodded her head, patting his shoulder in comforting way.

"I'm proud of you for staying strong, Jisung"

He smiled warmly, "same goes to you. You literally faced more than me" the girl snickered and shrugged. "It's whatever, as long as I got my brothers and my friends around me, I'll be fine"

Jisung looked up to the dark skies.
"Hey look, there are a lot of stars tonight"

She looked up and grinned, nodding her head.

"I really enjoy your company, Jisung"

He raised his eyebrows, "suddenly?" she giggled and lifted her shoulders, "I don't know, it just came out of nowhere"

He laughed, "I guess I could say the same thing, I love that we share the same interest, it made us much easier to click" she nodded, agreeing with him.

Jisung opened his mouth, about to say something but the ring from Hyeji's phone interrupt him.

"Oh, it's Jeno, I guess it's our sign to go back"

Jisung walked Hyeji towards where she parked her bike

He pressed his lips into thin lines, thinking should he or should not he ask. He nervously rubbed his nape, constipating.

"What is it, Jisung"

He raised his eyebrows and chuckled awkwardly, "am I being that obvious?" the girl hop on her bike and giggled, "very"

Jisung shrugged, "well, I was thinking... Do you wanna go on a date with me?"

Well his question made Hyeji taken aback a little. "A date?"

"Yeah– like a friendly date! I bought 2 movie tickets, I was planning to watch it with Jaemin hyung but he suddenly couldn't go"

lie.

"Oh, so I'm your second choice?"

His eyes widened. It's not supposed to go like this.
"No, it's not like that! It's just an honest coincidence; I don't have anyone other than you inside my mind"

"So, you're thinking about me"

"Yes– I mean! not in that way, you know me, in a good way you know" the girl burst into laughter as he started to stutter which made him rolled his eyes.
"You're having fun teasing me?" she giggled and nodded her head.

"I see why Haechan likes to tease you" she put on her helmet and started the engine. "and I see where you got your behavior from" Jisung crossed his arms across his chest. The girl shrugged, grinning.

"I'll take your offer, I be your second choice" – "ugh, Hyeji..."

She laughed harder this time, "okay, okay– what about pick me up tomorrow at the workshop? I only at the workshop so just fetch me anytime"

Jisung nodded, smiling. "sure, see you tomorrow"

"Go home safely, wear seatbelt"

Jisung nodded again, "aye aye miss, ride safely too. I'll text you when I arrive home" the girl flashed him another smile before bid a goodbye, finally rode away.

The young man pressed his lips together, holding his smile after seeing her figure slowly disappearing from his sight. "What the fuck is happening to me" he mumbled, calming his fluttering heart.

It's been a while since he had this kind of feelings.
Butterflies in his stomach.

From far away, 2 pair of eyes had been eyeing them with full smile on their faces.
"they're madly in love"

He chuckled, "I'm not objecting anything, they're cute"

"Our baby sis grown up so quick" Jeno turned to Haechan who fake crying, wiping his fake tears. "It feels like yesterday she learned how to cook and burned down the kitchen" Jeno scoffed and rolled his eyes playfully.

"you and your dramatic ass"

෴