³³

Thirty Three |

"Hyeji.."

The owner of the name looked around as he heard someone calling for her.

"Hyeji, here"

She furrowed her eyebrows and turned behind, seeing a married couple standing next to each other, smiling warmly to her.

Hyeji furrowed her eyebrows before widening her eyes, running towards the married couple.

"Mom! Dad!"

She ran into their embrace, hugging them tightly which the gladly hugged back.

"What are you doing here sweetie? You aren't supposed to be here" her mother said with gentle voice. Hyeji broke the hug and looked up to them with teary eyes.

"I miss you two, so much"

"We miss you too, but you aren't supposed to be here, Hyeji" her father now spoke. Hyeji looked around and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Where am I?"

Both of them flashed a smile and stroke her hair. "Your brothers are waiting for you" her father said, ignoring her question.

"Haechan is crying"

"Hyuck?"

"Jeno is crying too"

Hyeji frowned and shook her head, "but I can't leave you guys, I want to be with mom and dad"

"My daughter..."

He held both of her shoulders, "your life is not here, you still need to continue your life. When the time is right, we'll meet again"

Hyeji pouted.

"We'll be right here watching you, don't worry" her mother chuckled, patting her head.

"I can visit you two again?"

"When the time is right" they both said. Hyeji pursed her lips and nodded her head. Again, she pulled them into a long hug.
"I love you guys so much"

"We love you too, always"

Slowly, Hyeji took a step backwards and slowly her parents disappearing from her sight.

She kept stepping backwards until hands held her shoulders, stopping her.

"Jiji"

Her eyes widened and she turned around in shock. There, Aera stood with a proud smile on her face.

"Kim unnie!"

"Girl! What are you doing here?? Aren't you supposed to go on a date with Jisung?" She asked while wiggling her eyebrows playfully.

Hyeji furrowed her eyebrows and looked at her with sad eyes.

"What's with that look? Don't ever think to pity me okay? This is fate so duh, just continue our life okay?"
Hyeji's lips quivered as tears slowly build up in her eyes. "I miss you so much!"

She threw herself into her embrace which made Aera laughed.

"C'monnn you're still a cutiepie Jiji!"

The elder ruffled her hair, "I'm happy to know both of my favorite persons are doing fine together" she giggled. "Does Jisung treat you good? If not I'll go haunt him right now"

Hyeji shook her head and chuckled, "he's really kind and nice"

Aera nodded her head and hummed, "as he should— please tell him to take care of you good" she grinned and pinched her cheeks. "Why do you have to do that to Minhyuk? For me?" Hyeji nodded her head.