²⁷

Twenty Seven |

Haechan looked over the engine and frowned a little. "Go grab my toolbox." Hyeji immediately walked to find his toolbox and brought it to him.

He thanked and turned to the girl.

"It's okay I'll settle this, you go checked the rear bumper and the tyres, I forgot whether it's still good or not" Hyeji just listened to her brother and did what he told her.

After talking further about the racing, Haechan finally agreed with the girl and allowed her so here he is helping the girl with the car. The race will be held next week and Hyeji, herself went to meet Minhyuk to tell him about the race.

"get ready to lose then" what he replied which Hyeji ignored his words and walked away just like that.

Everyone heard about the race except the dreamies other than Haechan and Jeno.

Hyeji would tell Jisung she will join the race but she won't tell him she's racing with Minhyuk because she knew what Jisung would do if he knows about it.

Speaking of Jisung, the male parked his car outside the workshop and walked inside.

"Whoa, isn't this Jeno hyung's he used to race?" Jisung asked looking over Haechan and Hyeji who was busy with the car.

Jeno? Busy playing games on his phone.

"Yeah, Hyeji will use it" Jeno casually replied, eyes still focused on the phone. Jisung furrowed his eyebrows, "Hyeji?"

The girl looked up to him and smiled, nodding her head.

"She's joining a race" Haechan added and the younger stared at her in surprised. "what?? I don't know about this?" Hyeji chuckled. "Yeah, it's fine, I join the race for our team because you just joined a lot of racing this months"

He walked towards her and looked at her in worry, "are you sure about this?" the girl smile comfortingly, "yeah, why am I not sure?" he sighed. "But... I'm afraid"
Hyeji raised her eyebrows, "Why are you afraid? I'll be fine..." she replied quietly and again Jisung sighed.

"I'll help with the training"

She grinned and nodded her head like a kid, "you have to, I want to learn from the professional racer" he chuckled and pinched her cheeks playfully.
"I'll go see Bangchan hyung" he said and she hummed before continuing her work.

Jeno walked inside the workshop and showed Hyeji a new steering that just arrived a while ago. The girl nodded her head and Jeno hop inside the car, putting on a new steering.

He hung something on the rear view mirror. Kim Aera's necklace.

"be safe always, baby sis. Kim Aera with you"

"Jeno-yah, go grab new engine oil at the store" Haechan asked and Jeno got out from the car, following his twin's order.

For this time, the brothers wanted the best for their sister so they told her leave the car on them, they will handle it so she should just focus on preparing herself, trained her skills again.

"You won't lose, I won't let you lose" what Haechan said to Hyeji and she trusted him.

Stargazing had become their favorite things to do now

Yes, Jisung and Hyeji again chill around at their favorite spot, on top of the hills near the circuit. "I finally will watch you race on the track" he voice out.

Hyeji turned to him and smiled, "this is my first time joining a real racing ever, before this I just race with my brothers and my father"

"Who won?"

"If I'm lucky, I won"

The male giggled and averted his attention towards the girl.

Jisung can't believe that she could look pretty every time. Is it not tiring, look pretty all the time? He wanted to say that to her but he knows he will just embarrass himself if he does.

"I want to see you win the race"

Hyeji faced him and grinned, "I will."

"Win the race just like you win my heart"

The smile on her face faded, "...huh?"
Jisung flashed a warm smile, "I can't believe I finally feel this feeling again after years. You leave good impact in my life, Hyeji" he reached for her hands and held it gently.

"Jisung..."

Jisung had prepared this. He's sure about his feelings after talking about it with Jaemin and Renjun. He was not so sure before but after thinking about it, this time he knows his feelings towards Hyeji are serious.

He couldn't get her out of his head.

The thoughts of her and him being together, haunting him every night. He even dreams about her too. He wants to have her in his arms. He wants to be her second home and he wants her to be his second home.

With her, he feels lively. He feels appreciated and happy.

He doesn't like her.

He loves her.

"Hyeji, I like you"

There you go he said it. He let it out, finally.

Hyeji stared at him, stunned. She can't believe he said that first to her.
She was thinking about confessing and making first move but afraid if he sees her not more than friends because he is always nice and kind with everyone around him.

She was sure about her feelings but she's confused about his.

"you not playing?"

Jisung shook his head, "I'm not. I like you, Hyeji. I really do, badly"

A smile crept on her face, "I'm not sure how the conversation changed so quickly -but I like you too, Jisung"

His eyes widened, "you do?" Hyeji face started to redden. "I thought I was being obvious that I like you" Jisung shook his head, "no, I thought you are just nice because you act the same around others"

Great, they both were thinking the same thing about each other.

Hyeji chuckled and placed her hand on top of his hand. "I never meet someone who's talk gently and politely with others beside Jeno. I never see the cutest gummy smile before and my heart never thumping this hard for someone before"

Slowly Jisung ears turned red, "you are cute, Hyeji"

"We're cute"

He chuckled and intertwined their hands. "What are we now?" the girl tilted her head, staring at his face with full of adoration.

"What do you want us to be? Just friends?"

He frowned, "Hyeji... Of course no, I don't see you just as a friend" she giggled and shrugged.

"Be my girlfriend"

She raised her eyebrows, "oh that is not a question but an order" he hummed and nodded his head, "yes, it is" she scrunched her nose and scooted closer towards him, falling into his warm embrace.

"I'll be your girlfriend"

That night, on top of the hills, under the tree, two hearts become one. Jisung found his new comfort home and Hyeji found her true love.

෴