First Day Of 8th Grade

Authors Note: Hey! I know you guys hate reading these, but guess what? I'm making one anyway :D This is my first Fanfic, let alone book, that is in first person. So go easy on me, okay? Thanks XD

Serena's P.O.V

"Mom, where's my hat?" I yelled as I ran down the stairs in my pajamas.

"I don't know, where did you have it last?" My mom turned around from the t.v. and looked over at me.

"I don't know, I could of swore I wore it yesterday and put it away before I went to bed."

"Well, you'll just have to go to school without it."

My mom got up from the couch and headed for the kitchen.

"Agh." I ran back up the stairs and ran to my bedroom. I ran into the room and closed the door behind me. I can't just go to school without my new hat. No way.

I looked around my bedroom to see if my hat was anywhere. All there was though was my bed, laptop, Wii U, and my 3dsXL. I went over to my closet and opened it up. I saw my favorite outfit. It would be perfect to where for the first day of school. I took it out of the closet and and I put it on.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I had long, honey blond hair that went to my waist and bright, blue eyes. My outfit was a grayish-black tank-top with a white collar. I had one a red skirt as well with two pockets on the sides, black stockings, and black shoes, with a pink backpack to carry my stuff for school. I also had a black bracelet on my right wrist.

I walked away from the mirror and headed towards the stairs, but then stopped when heard something from under me. I looked down and saw my dog, Fenn. She was a only a puppy. She's a Golden Retriever and he honestly, behaves really well. She held my hat in her mouth and stood up on its hind legs, as if trying to show me that she had it.

I smiled and patted her head and then took the hat. It was a pink hat with a black bow and hatband.
Fenn barked and then ran down stairs and I followed, with my hat in my hand.

Anyway, I don't think I introduced myself. I'm Serena Yvonne and today's the first day of school. Well, the first day of 8th grade. I live in a small town called, Vanville Town. I'm mostly shy and I guess I'm into fashion. I don't know what to do when I get older. All my teachers last year said that that was the time where we all usually figure out what we want to do. But me- no. I have no idea. I guess I like cooking desserts, but I don't think I could make a living off of it. I love fashion, but I don't think I could be a fashion designer, it's just not something I can see myself doing. My mom wants me to be a horse rider and get into horse racing. You see, my mom won the horse racing championships and now she wants me to follow in her footsteps I guess. But that's not what I want to do, I don't like horse riding, it's just not my thing at all.

I ran into the kitchen and set my hat down on the counter and looked through the cabinets. I saw a packet of pop tarts and I reached for the box. It was my favorite, chocolate.

I ripped the wrapper and grabbed a pop tart and started eat it. I looked at my hat and picked it up. I checked if there was any slobber over it from Fenn. It looked clean, but I decided to clean them rim anyway.

•~•~•~•~•

After I got ready I ran out of house and passed by Mel, my mom's horse who was stuck in its stahl in the front yard. I ran towards the gate and unlocked it and opened it. I ran out and closed the gate behind me.

"Hey Serena!"

I looked behind me and saw Calem waving at me. He was my neighbor and we knew each other ever since we were little. Calem had black hair that went down to his shoulders. He had gray eyes and wears a dark red hat with sunglasses. He also wears a blue track jacket with white stripes, navy blue pants, and black combat boots with blue laces. He carries around a black messenger bag with blue decals on it and he has a black bracelet on his left wrist, the same as mine. I guess you could call them friendship bracelets.
I smiled and returned the wave.