Epilogue

Leyla's P.O.V

It had been about a week since Winger and I had had our crazy adventure on berry island. Not much has changed other then Axel deciding to join the Rescue Riders and exposing Magnus for the big jerk that he really is. The roost had also had some customizations made to it, mostly in the sleep cave part where me and the other dragons slept. Winger and I now slept right next to each other, our hay beds were so close that our wing-tips were touching. Oh, there's one more thing I forgot to mention, Cutter and Aggro are in what they think is a secret relationship, but the rest of us know about it so... it's not as secret as they think it is. Summer and I even gave them the ship name Cutgro. It was nighttime now and everyone had just finished eating dinner and were now getting ready to settle in for the night.

Winger's P.O.V

It was late at night. Everyone else was asleep. But me and Leyla were still awake. "You know,Wing, that little adventure we had was kinda fun." Leyla told me while shaking her head with a small smile on her face. A breeze suddenly blue through the sleep cave and Leyla heated up her scales to keep us both warm. I smiled and curled my tail over Leyla's small body. "I think there's a storm coming." I told her as I listened to howling wind that made the rafters rattle slightly. Leyla's wings twitched and she perked her head up to stare up at me. "I wonder what our mom would think if she saw us now." The young fire dragon wondered to herself with a warm smile forming on her face. I just shrugged my wings in response. "I dunno, Leyla, but I think she'd be really happy for us." I replied back while patting her head. She blushed and ducked her head, giggling and trying to bat at my paws. "I love you so much, Winger." Leyla said, yawning and curling up into a small ball. "I love you too, Leyla." I replied back. She gave me a weary smile before her eyes slipped shut from exhaustion. I smiled and kissed the top of her head. I closed my eyes and let the pull of sleep take me over, listening to Leyla's soft snores and the sound of the crackling fire place. Just like the fire in my heart. For my friends. For my life. I heard the breathing of my companion next to me. For Leyla.