25

'We got to talk,' I heard Andrea say as I approached the room we stayed in. I left the library as soon as I regained my composure. First order of business was to get the hell out of Woodbury.
'We got to go.' Michonne answered. I slipped inside the room after Andrea.
'I'm with you Michonne.' I said and began to pack the little shit I had just as frantically as Michonne. I didn't give Andrea much attention. She could stay for all I cared. Michonne passed me my dragon sword and I accepted it with the tiniest of smiles. So this was what she up to all day -sneaking around and stealing our swords back. Our little strife by the bench seemed to be long forgotten.
'The Governor told me what happened.' Andrea told Michonne as she casually leaned against the wall. 'Michonne, you can't do things like this. You're freaking people out. You're freaking me out.'
I briefly wondered what sort of trouble Michonne managed to land herself in, but it didn't bother me. If I had to look into Merle's warning, then maybe Michonne had every reason for wanting to get the hell out of here.
'The north east wall is guarded by some girl.' Michonne acted as if Andrea hadn't spoken. 'We can escape after dark.'
'We are not prisoners here.'
'No one who comes here leaves.' Michonne made an interesting point.
Michonne and Andrea carried on with their back and forth arguing.
'This place is not what they say it is.' This was the first time I'd ever seen Michonne panicked and scared. What the hell had she seen?
'What about you, Erin? I thought you saw potential in this place. Martinez thought so too.' Andrea asked. My face fell, slightly annoyed.
'I said I'm with Michonne.' I said through clenched teeth.
Andrea reluctantly packed her stuff, sulking as she did so. Like I said, I didn't care either way if she came or stayed. As long as I was far away from Merle Dixon it didn't matter to me. We left the room and headed for the main gates. I noticed that familiar look of guilt flash across Merle's face as we passed him. He discarded the look as he called out.
'Hey, hey, hey, girls. Where y'all off to in such a hurry?' He gave me a quick glance, his eyes telling me to shut up about his warning from earlier. I realised that this Merle talking to us was all an act. Should I have taken his warning more seriously? What was this place?
'Y'all are breaking my heart running away like that.'
'We're leaving.' Michonne said.
'It's almost curfew.' Merle said. 'I'd have to arrange for an escort. I mean, the party's still going on'
None of us spoke until Merle gave in.
'All right. Wait here a second.' He gave me another quick, concerned look before turning.
'Brownie, come here.'
I gulped when I noticed Martinez standing guard up on the wall. His face flashed with hurt and anger as he glanced at me. Andrea went over to go argue our case, but Merle chased her away.
'See, there's always a reason why we can't leave yet.' Michonne sneered.
'Clear,' Merle's voice rang out. 'Now if I was y'all, I'd find shelter before nightfall.'
Merle opened the gate for us and stood aside. I eagerly stepped forward, leaving behind a bickering Michonne and Andrea. At this point I was happy to even be out on my own. This time I was prepared for survival.
'Take care of yourself, Erin.' Merle whispered as I passed him, his eyes on the ground. 'Remember what I told ya. Get as far away from here as possible.'
I gave him a suspicious glance. Michonne was right about something -this place was dangerous.
'Burn in hell, Merle.' I said as I left Woodbury. He didn't answer. I walked in slow, even steps, giving time for whoever would be following me to catch up. I heard the gates shut and I turned around to see Michonne, an angry look on her face. I figured that Andrea would stay behind. Her judgement was easily clouded. Michonne didn't bother to catch up with me, so I slowed my pace till I was beside her. I didn't once look back, afraid that Martinez might be watching me. He was another aspect of Woodbury I was more than happy to leave behind.
We didn't get far before we were ambushed by a bunch of our long lost dead friends. Michonne and I easily tore through them. I realized that now, this was where I belonged: the wild, the unknown was more appealing to me than a fantasy town like Woodbury.
'What's that supposed to mean?' I asked Michonne.
She had hacked off the arms and legs of a walker and was arranging them in some kind of code.
'Go back,' She muttered.
I decided not to ask why she was doing this. Michonne had already told me everything she'd witnessed at the Governor's house. The horrors of his lair didn't even surprise me. He seemed like a sick man. The only troubling thing was that Andrea was under the spell of said man, but she had made her choice. She chose a stranger over two friends. I washed my hands of her. We heard Merle's rambling voice echoing in the air.
'Hide,' Michonne whispered to me. I did as I was told -she was more than capable of handling the situation. I stationed myself behind a tree and waited. She turned back to the walker mess she left behind to deal with the men. I heard the unmistakable sound of blade cutting through flesh followed by gunshots. Michonne flew past me and a bullet grazed her leg.
She didn't even cry out, she just shot me a look that meant it was time to run. I looked behind and found none other than Merle chasing after her. I stepped out from the shadows of the trees and revealed myself to him.
'Erin,' he hissed. 'Get the hell outta here!'
'You said you don't deserve forgiveness, and you're right. You've got to earn it. Put the gun down, forget about Woodbury and join us.'
//
lol Erin what