Chapter 17

Zheyrine's Pov

I went out first, nagpaalam na ako kina ate Jen. They're older than me by two years kaya ate tawag ko sakanya.

I'm hunting a very particular rabbit whose been in her rabbit hole avoiding me.

My attention was divided, to her in the audience and in the game kanina. I was overjoyed kasi andito siya, my excitement in the game was unmeasured.

Pero kahit anong galing mo, and buhat mo sa mga kasama mo. Pag ikaw lang mag isa. It's impossible for us to win. Kaya ganun ang result. But the best part is we enjoyed the game.

Our team may have been defeated, but there's still one game tomorrow. A chance, and I'll try my best to win it if I could.

Next game, volleyball. Inaaya ko sila ni Ate Jen kanina na manood kami, they agreed and I even made them or jokingly said to them if they could drag Cyle along.

I can't catch my rabbit.

I already gave her time, I know my confession was sudden. I was surprised myself that I had the guts and blurt it out to her.

I wasn't thinking. I let my heart and feelings talk. My mouth communicate, conveying this admiration of love I had for her.

I had been admiring her, I was the girl she hardly notice. A shadowed character. Not even a side character.

Hindi nya nga alam na magka klase kami if I hadn't been involved with ate Ruan. I bet if it didn't happen. Our paths won't have crossed.

I'm glad it did and would exchange anything para lang mag cross ang landas namin. And like there's a genie, I was heard. Call me greedy for saying this part but I'm not contented to be just someone, a side character in her life. I want to be the female lead in her story.

The one she lays her eyes on. The one who has the right, the only right to touch her and call her mine.

And I won't let anyone ruin that.

But, I guess that's not in my control.

Cause what I'm seeing now. Is tearing my heart.

I saw her. And the girl she was always with before. Magkayakap sila. Kahit nasa malayo ako, kitang kita ko.

I've been denial. I know someone already owns her heart. And anytime babalik siya doon pag binalikan siya ng babaeng lagi nyang kasama.

I wasn't ready. And the time I spent with her, shorter may it look for you but for me it was the best moments. And those moments give me guts to say my feelings finally out loud. And hoping for reciprocation. An answer to my confession.

I just want to rewind. Maybe the writer got wrong. I don't want what I'm seeing be the answer. Please just someone.

Make this hurtful, shattering feeling in my heart stop. It hurts, it hurts so much to watch.

Sana pala I stayed. Sana pala hindi ko nalang siya sinundan.

Kaya pala nagmadali siyang naglalakad paalis ng gym kanina. She's meeting someone.

Bakit lahat ng kaligayahan ko, panandalian lang?

Kanina pa tulo ng tulo ang aking luha at pinapabayaan ko lang ito. I tried to stop the sound of my sub's forming. Pero lalo lamang itong lalakas.

Kaya hindi ko na hinayaan pang masaktan lalo ang puso ko sa yakapan nilang tagal matapos ayaw na ata nila lubayan ang isa't-isa! Ede magsama sila!

I run, and run hanggang sa napagod ako kakatakbo. Marami akong mga studyanteng nadaanan pero wala akong pakealam saka nila ngayon!