Jack-Mas Day 1

Tags: mistletoe, failed assassination attempt, rebellion (kinda)

Twas' the night before Christmas and all through the Northpole, everywhere you looked elves scattered by trying to get late Christmas preparations ready before the long night ahead for old St. Nick. Blurs of red and green whizz around throwing toys into boxes, wrapping gifts, and helping Mrs. Claus bake cookies and pies. Trying to avoid the bustle of the manufacturing and packaging district, Y/N expertly dodged flying toys, hurried elves, and the occasional cookie as she made her way into the main square of the Northpole. She knocked thrice on Claus' door, whispering the secret password under her breath "Deck the halls." The door swung open and she walked in, heading straight to Santa Claus' secret war room. For several years, St. Nick had been planning a Christmasy world domination where he would take down every other holiday, take over the world, and make everything his. For this plan, he had trained a special set of elves to assassinate the leaders of other major holidays on the night of Christmas Eve. One of these elves just so happened to be Y/N and today was the day to get her assignment and complete it once night fell. "Good afternoon Mr. Claus, I'm here to receive my mission," Y/N said as she walked into the room, catching the attention of St. Nick who was sternly gazing at a map haphazardly taped to his wall. "Ahh yes Y/N, I almost forgot about you uh... hold on." He said before shuffling through his coat pockets grabbing a dart and flinging it toward the map, "You're mission is at Halloween Town, get rid of their leader Jack Skellington before the sun rises." He ordered "Understood, I will be going then." Y/N replied making her way out of the house and toward the nearest train transport system. As her train departed she said woefully analyzing her copy of the map, she had no desire to assassinate anyone but if she didn't Mr. Claus would fling her off the Northpole. She had to get this job done.

Y/N got off the train, pulling her cloak over her head as she walked through the cold empty streets of Halloween town. It was hard to figure out which house belonged to Jack Skellington, but she couldn't just knock on the door, she had to figure out how to get inside. She quickly scanned over the large mass that was the Skellington castle, making a quick note of all the ridges decorating the outside walls, she knew learning how to rock climb would be useful one day. She took a deep breath and slowly slotted her hands between the cracks in the walls. One by one she maneuvered up the wall finally reaching the nearest window, she began to shake it, stopping as she realized it was closed...and loud. She'd have to find another way, she was tempted to just break the glass of the window but she had no intention of leaving a trace. As Y/N hung there contemplating her next moves, the window swung open and two bony hands stretched over the sill, softly grabbing her arms and easily hoisting her over the sill and into the warm room. Y/N stood there in shock and fear, she'd been caught, how was she going to think of any plausible reason as to why she was crawling around this dude's wall like a creep? A clearing of the throat jolted her out of her shock, finally looking up at the owner of the bony arms still holding her up. A slight twinge of relief filled her as she met face-to-face with Jack Skellington, the man she was to kill. She didn't even have to bust her ass looking for him in this huge castle, he'd made his way to her. Her thoughts got interrupted again as Jack's face got closer to hers looking her up and down "You don't look very familiar, who are you?" He questioned putting her down. She searched the crevices of her brain to think of a lie, "Uh...I'm...NEW Yes NEW I was trying to find the...person in charge, so I can move in and stuff. I love Halloween btw it's my favorite holiday" She replied quickly making sure to smile as brightly as she could. He blinked at her for a few seconds "...well how lucky you are, I am the person in charge, the name is Jack. Jack Skellington," "Oh really! Thank goodness I thought I'd be lost forever!" "I haven't heard of any new people though... but maybe it slipped my mind...here let me show you around." He said walking towards the door "This room is just a guest room, if you follow me I can show you the rest of the castle and the forms you have to sign." She nodded and followed swiftly behind him all while brainstorming ways to lead him to his demise.