CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

Chapter 44: To The Rescue

PERTH

I can't seem to concentrate on reading whenever I remember Victoria's face after she left me alone. I feel anxious for an unknown reason. There's something I feel whenever I think of her. What if I visit her now? Maybe something bad happened to her?

Or am I just overthinking? Darn it! Here we go! I'll go to her because I won't stop myself until I at least see that she's in a safe condition.

Agad akong tumayo mula sa aking kinauupuan at kinuha ang susi ng kotse ko. I immediately left my office and went downstairs. I encountered my new secretary. I called her and asked her to come closer.

"Please, cancel all my meetings for today. I have something important to attend to. If Margaux arrives, absolutely don't let her in, especially not into my office. Understand?" sabi ko at tumingin sa relo na suot ko.

"Yes, Sir. Take care," she replied, so I just nodded and hurriedly went out to the parking lot.

I quickly searched for my car and got in. I sped off towards Victoria's current residence.

When I arrived, I immediately parked my car not far from the house. I noticed two cars parked in front, so I couldn't bring myself to get out of my car.

I waited to see if someone would come out of the house, and after a few minutes, I was surprised to see Mr. Tranez coming out of the house with another man. They seemed to be in a hurry, so I drove closer to where they were.

Nang makalapit ako ay agad kong ibinaba ang bintana ng kotse ko at tiningnan sila. Their faces were flustered, constantly fidgeting with their phones. What's their problem?

"Hey, Mr. Tranez, what's wrong?" I asked curiously. He quickly looked at me, seemingly surprised to see me.

"What are you doing here, Mr. Quorex? How did you know this place?" Mr. Tranez asked, lowering his phone.

"I just wanted to... ask about Victoria. Is she okay?" I asked directly, looking at the man next to him, busy on his phone. He's familiar. Where have I seen him before?

"Well..."

"Kenzo, I think I know the location of Victoria and Melissa. Let's go," said the man, placing a hand on Mr. Tranez's shoulder before quickly turning to look at me. "Perth? Is that you?" he asked in surprise, making me furrow my brow quickly.

"You know me? And what did you say? Where's Victoria?" I asked in confusion, stepping out of my car.

Nagulat ito sa tanong ko at mabilis na napailing-iling. Napansin ko ang pagkagat labi ni Mr. Tranez bago tumingin sa akin ng diretso at seryoso. Nakaramdam ako ng isang mabigat na tensyon at kaba.

"Mr. Quorex... the truth is... someone kidnapped Victoria and we're currently looking for her. We have no idea who kidnapped her again." sabi ni Mr. Tranez na ikinagulat ko. Na naman? The fck! I looked at the man beside Mr. Tranez, and he also seemed uneasy.

"Then let me help in the search. Victoria is also my responsibility, so let me find her too. How about that child? Is she also kidnapped?" I asked nervously.

"How did you know she was with a child?" the man, now teary-eyed, asked in astonishment.

"Because she was with Victoria when I accompanied them to the hospital. Don't tell me, she was also kidnapped?" I asked, feeling a knot in my stomach.

"That's my daughter, and yes, she's with Victoria now. She was also kidnapped, and I need to save them as soon as possible. Damn it! Why did I even leave them?" he angrily blamed himself. 'That child is his daughter? H-How?'