[EIGHT [2]]

Audrey's Pov

[FLASHBACK]

After my departure, I disappeared. I moved to another place because I know Bada would look for me and she would never stop. I changed my phone number, deleted my socmed accounts and dropped out at school. In short I cut them off.

“Are you really sure?” I asked my landlord on the other line and I keep in touch with her just in case.

“Yes, kakagaling niya lang dito kanina and last night din. Panay ang hanap niya sayo at umiiyak. Audrey, why don't you show up and talk to her? I feel like may hindi pa siya nagagawa that's why pabalik pabalik siya sa apartment mo kahit ilang beses kong sabihin na umalis kana.” she said, taking a deep breath. I know sobrang sagabal na yung nagagawa ko but I don't want to do that.

“I'm sorry for taking up your time. I'm really sorry.”

My landlord always updates me on everything lalo na't related kay Bada kasi alam ko namang gagawin niya yun and at the same time gusto ko rin malaman kalagayan niya. Basta okay siya, pipilitin kong maging okay.

5 months already passed. I've never heard anything from my landlord and seems like Bada finally stopped coming back to my apartment. I felt like she already gave up and got tired of waiting.

Me? I'm doing pretty good... I guess? I've been staying at home and locked myself inside. I found a good place to rent and new neighborhood which is fine since no one recognize me at all. I need to adjust myself at masanay sa bagong buhay na tatahakin ko mag isa.

While scrolling through my phone, may nakita akong isang page na naghahanap ng isang dance instructor kaya agad ko itong pinindot para sana mag apply. If I want to be alive, I need to survive. Although hindi pa ako totally ready, wala akong choice kundi maging ready dahil kailangan ko ito.

Kinuha ko kaagad yung phone number at tinawagan ito.

“Hello, this is Rena from Royalty Academy. How may I help you?” A person said on the other line.

“Hi, I'm Audrey Lane and I'm planning to apply as a dance instructor.I saw it on your page. Is the position still available?”

“Audrey Lane? Oh of course!! Kailan mo gustong pumunta para makapag usap tayo in person?”

“Now.”

As I said, pumunta rin ako kaagad at sinalubong ni Rena sa labas. When she saw me, her face lit up na para bang ang saya saya niyang makita ako in person. I was taken aback when she suddenly clung into my arm and pulled me inside the studio.

“Kanina kapa nila hinihintay.” Rena excitedly said at bigla akong kinabahan.

Hinihintay? Nila?

When we got inside in one of the rooms, I saw a bunch of people and I don't know what's happening. I'm completely confused and no one bothered to explain why. I roamed my eyes around to check if may familiar faces ba and thankfully, wala.

“Rena, akala ko ba mag-aaudition lang ako?” I asked her.

“You are Audrey Lane! You don't have to do that and you are hired.” Rena explained while smiling at me.

She knows me?

“You know me?”

“Yes. I remember your name because of your viral dance choreo and you did really amazing! I was shocked when I heard your name but soooo happy because you wanted to work with us.” She said and led me in front of the students.

Lahat sila ay nakatingin saakin at yung iba, mukhang namumukhaan din ako. Am I ready for this? If I accept this offer, for sure malalaman na nila Bada yung whereabouts ko.

“This is your first day so I hope you will have fun.” Rena whispered and went to the corner.

“Hi, my name is Audrey Lane and I'll be teaching you...” I paused when everyone clapped their hands after introducing myself.

I accepted the job and started my class. I did enjoy it! In fact, I found myself smiling and felt so alive.

I was packing up my things and was planning to leave the studio when someone came in. I turned around and saw Kirsten Dodgen, a well known dancer. She approached me with a gentle smile on her face and stood in front of me.

“Audrey Lane, right?” She asked me.

“Yes uhhh do you need anything? Hinahanap mo ba si Rena? Wait, I'll call her—”

“Ikaw talaga yung sadya ko. I want to talk to you personally and I hope you have time.” Kirsten cut me off.

We stayed at the studio and she talked to me. She has an offer and wanted me to join her crew because they still need one member. At first I was like 'Huh? Why me?' but Kirsten assured me na if I join, marami ulit opportunities ang magbubukas for me. I've been working at Royalty Academy for already 3 months.

“I know you and I've been keeping my eyes on you ever since. I was surprised when you left your crew because as far as I remember, you and Bada worked hard for it. Although I want to ask more about it, I won't do it kasi I respect your decision and that's none of my business.” nakangiting paliwanag ni Kirsten saakin.

“Kirsten, hindi pa kasi ako ready at ayokong isipin nila na I betrayed them if ever na malaman nilang sumali ako sa crew mo.” I bite my lips and looked down.

“Hindi kita minamadali, Audrey. I can wait and my members too. You can take your time and isiping mabuti yung offer ko. If you are worried about your ex-crew, walang mangyayari sayo. Audrey, maraming opportunities ang naghihintay sayo kaya sana pag-isipan mo 'tong mabuti. Jam Republic wants to work with you.” Kirsten responded.

It was indeed true. Kirsten waited for my decision and I finally grabbed that opportunity. I became an official member of Jam Republic and even signed to Jam Republic Agency. After that many opportunities came and my life became even more better.

I met my 3rd family and they made my life complete. I was at the happiest point of my life and I couldn't ask for anything more.

[END OF FLASHBACK]