chapter 21

"bhaari babu aaj kya roshogullon ki dukaan kholni hai itne saari handiyan laake rakh rahe hain " she said chuckling at the number of haandis lining up.

" pata nahi maalkin aaj suraj kahan se uga hai, barrister babu kabhi mithaai nahi laate aaj achanak se le aye kehne lage kisi dost ne diye hain. Woh bhi paanch handiyan "

" aur baaki ke aath " she questioned him looking at them with confusion.

" kya apni behen ki tarah yeh bhi bhul gayi hai ki tujhe ek baadam wale roshogulle pasand the woh bhi aath ki aath handi na ek kam na jyada. " as soon as she heard the familiar voice, the knife in her hand dropped to the kitchen floor and she went still. Million of emotions crashed within her as she slowly turned. Her eyes turned watery seeing her sister after a long decade.

Before she could even react sampoorna closed the space between them and knocked the breath out of her lungs. She had to balance herself otherwise they would have been fallen. And the dam broke when she heard her sister sniffing. Her grip on her got tighter as they crumbled to the floor and started crying. Sampoorna held her so tightly that she feared wondering if it's a dream . Bondita thought the same too. The years of separation had built an undercurrent of anticipation, and as the emotions surged.

Their hug was more than a physical reunion; it was a blending of shared histories, unspoken understandings, and a profound connection that transcended words. In that embrace, the years apart seemed to evaporate, leaving only the warmth of the sisterly bond that had weathered the tests of time.

Sampoorna started to hit her in the arm as they left the embrace . Bondita didn't even flinch as she hit her . 

" kahan chali gayi thi tu han kahan chali gayi thi . pata hai tujhe maine kitna dhunda hai tere jamaibabu ke saath . " she said sounding mad . 

Bondita was smiling at her ,seeing her fussing . " ek bar bhi tujhe yeh khyaal nahi aya ki mera kya hoga , kaise itne saal maine tere bina bitaen hai , kya guzri hai mere upar ..tujhe andaja bhi hai " she accused angrily with tears streaming down her cheeks . 

But Bondita had a smile on her face with tears . She took all of her sweet accusation with a smile . " tu has kya rahi hai main yahan tujhpar chillayen jaa rahi hun aur tu has rahi hai  . "

" khushi ke aasun hai pagli " Bondita said dramatically wiping her tears . 

Sampoorna stared at her in disbelief and burst out laughing . Bondita too joined her . God it felt like ages that she laughed with her sister . The subtle nuances in their expressions and the shared laughter revealed a tapestry of experiences, weaving together a story of sisterhood that ran deep. 

She locked eyes with her at last when their laughter died down . The two sisters, separated by time and distance, closed the gap with an embrace that spoke volumes.

" ab toh bata tere saath kya hua , tu itne saal kahan thi , Anirudh babu se teri shaadi kaise hui . " She bombarded her with questions . 

" saans to lene de behen ro ro ke yahan halat kharaab ho rahi hai "Bondita chuckled . 

" majaak mat kar , mujhe sab bata " 

 Bondita let out a heavy sigh and started her side of the story . When the people were taking her in the doli to perform sati , they were going on the hill road to the river side . As the rain started pouring and everyone ran to  find something to cover the dead body and also to find shelter . They left the doli in the middle of the road with that dead body . They left a small girl with a dead body . Only she knows how terrified she was at that time . She ran out from there limping into the forest . Her limbs felt weak and aching as she ran into the forest , her body  had more bruises than her skin . The village people along with her mama left no mercy to her . she was mostly half dead . She went deep into the forest as she heard people's shouts getting clear . she mustered more courage if it was left in her and limping she went to the other side of the forest . Her leg stumbled on the road and she fell .