Little Lena

Warnings: It be sad.

Original Characters: Ila Green (Lenas preschool best friend)

Things To Know: Got it from a "she lives inside
me" tiktok.

••••

Lena found a box of her childhood things in the luthor mansion after everything with nyxly and lex calmed down, and after she mustered the strength to go back to that house.

She might not remember them because the memories are to foggy or just nonexistent, but you can know what they mean.

A pink paci with a little yellow duckie on the top.

Lena was playing in the living while her mother cooked, she got up to run to her mommy but she tripped on her unbalanced toddler legs, hitting her knees rather hard. Cries ripped from her throat as her mom rushed over, grabbing her paci on the way. Picking up Lena and holding her, slipping the paci in her mouth as her mom began to sing a lullaby. Lena didn't eat dinner that night, however she did keep Elizabeth up all night yapping away in their shared bed since Elizabeth didn't have the heart to make Lena sleep train.

A dalmatian plushie.

Lena hugged the plush to her chest as Elizabeth tended to her 'boo boo'. She and Ila were playing outside the cottage when she took a bit of a tumble, hitting her knee and scraping it. Ila was piling her stuffies around her while Elizabeth tended to the boo boo on her knee.

A Strawberry Shortcake Shirt.

Lena loved that shirt, it was her favorite shirt of all. Her mommy had a matching one, she loved when they got to match. One specific moment with it was when Elizabeth took her to a fair, she wore the shirt that day. She also got a green stuffed bear at the fair.

A Dinosaur, Just A Singular Dinosaur Toy.

The Dino's name was Samual, or Sammie. Lena loved Sammie. He is a T-Rex. A blue T-Rex. He has dark blue spots, and he was a splotch of his belly thats all glittery, that's because of a painting journey he went through with Lena.

A Purple Blankie.

The blanket was torn and had holes. Lena remembers a foggy memory with it however. She was cold, her throat achy, her mommy got her blankie, then brushed her hair gently with her fingers. Lena felt all better even though the aching was still there.

A VHS Tape Of The Care Bears.

Her favorite bear was....... she can't remove her favorite. She wants to, but she can't, she just can't. She remembers watching it on late nights with popcorn in the desiccated "popcorn" bowl however.

A Pair Of Jeans.

They had grass marks on them. Tears on the knee, showing evidence of a child falling down, which she did a lot. Some paint stains on them, especially the thighs were Lena would wipe her hands. Glitter probably engrained in the fabric by now.

Lena didn't notice when she started crying, but she was.

She didn't hear the door open or see her girlfriend crouch beside her. She felt herself get pulled into Kara though.

"Hey... Hey whats wrong...?"

Then the sad realization snapped into place.

Lena misses her mommy.

"I... I miss my mommy..."

Lenas voice cracked as she said it, moving so she was being held by Kara in Karas lap.

Kara just nodded and rubbed her back, noticing something in the box.

"Hmm.."

She picked it up causing Lena to turn around and gasp, fully turning in Kara's lap so she could see the thing that Kara was holding.

The Scrapbook.

The two flipped to the first page.

The first picture they saw was a picture of baby Lena. A hospital given paci in her mouth as she wore a -slightly big on her- light pink onesie.

"That was the day I was born...."

Lena said gently touching the photo, Lenas baby hand was holding someone's finger, her mothers most likely, the picture taken by a friend probably.

The next photo on the page was of Elizabeth holding Lena is a hospital bed, A white blanket swaddling her now, the hospital bow on her head. In the corner of the page was written 'I love you Babygirl' which caused Lena to croak out a sob as a tear fell of the page. It caused Kara to hold her a little tighter, rubbing her sides.

They flipped to page two and some pictures of Lena in various onesies appeared.

As they turned the pages Lena fell apart a little more, by the end the scrapbook was sat bye Kara as Lena sobbed into her shoulder.

"Mommy... I want my mommy..."

She sobbed, because she did, even if just for a little, but that is impossible.... and she hates that.

She still hates it. She always will. As she watches Kara flip through the pages carefully showing the photos to their two kids. Lena didn't join the activity because her looking at the book always ended in tears, even so she's silently crying.

That night she'll cry in her wife's lap again, repeating the act of whispering that she wants her mommy, and she'll fall asleep holding a stuffie from her childhood.

Its rude if you ask Lena, because shes not asking for a lot.

All she's asking for is her mommy.

••••

Notes⬇️

I watched Barbie and the women montage scene got me in my feels.

Also if anyone has ideas for other things that could have been in the box tell me I can add them. :))