1 8

-----

-----

~ Chapter Eight ~

A CAT IN A TREE

-----

"Because she wanted some alone time and I'm guessing she knew you would have demanded to walk with her hence why she asked us not to tell- oh and there he goes." Seliel began as she tried to explain the reason for her lack of disclosure to Kai, but before she could finish he had darted from his seat, jacket in hand as he exited the café. "Well," The pink haired teenager sighed, "We bought her ten minutes."

"Can't blame the guy for caring about her though. If I had a younger sibling I would probably be the same" Cole shrugged as he reached for his abandoned cupcake, the confusion in the air from Nya's outfit change subsiding enough for the larger teenager to regain his appetite. "I'm sure its just an older brother thing."

Lloyd scoffed at that, "Well, speaking as someone who has an older brother, I can tell you not all sibling relationships are the same."

"You just got unlucky Lloyd." Pixel said with a comforting hand on the younger boys back. "But I'm sure Morro loves you in his own way."

"If you mean by shoving me around and making me do his homework, then sure." He sighed dejectedly as he leant over the table on his elbows.

Pixel looked around for help with their saddened friend, but no one seemed to know how to help the youngest member of their group, no words would do the stressed boy any favors. Lloyd hadn't always been this way, there was a time when his energetic levels could rival Jay on a good day, but as he climbed his way through the school years and the pressure from his father and the bullying from his brother seemed only to rise in tandem, Lloyd had become a fraction of what he used to be.

Zane sighed at his friend and decided that the best thing to do was to change the subject and get his mind off of his family struggles. "So," He began lacing his hands in front of himself, "What did you guys think of the new students?"

Seliel snickered, "Maybe you should ask Jay."

Said boy raised an eyebrow, "What? Why me?"

"I saw you and Nya today, chatting in hushed whispers at the bottom of the school stairs. Pray tell Jay, what were you saying that got you blushing?" Seliel continued with a challenging smirk.

"I-" Jay stammered, "I was just asking her about the homework we got today."

"Sure buddy."

"I was!"

"I take it you like her, Jay?" Zane asked, missing the subliminal message beneath Seliel's taunts.

Jay turned red, "As a friend? Yes, she's nice." He swallowed, "Kai seems a little cold though."