Chapter 3

Van POV

I know I have f***ed up. I know I screwed up. I have no intention in telling them what happened. I don't believe them. I don't trust them...yet.

People say speak for yourself, it is easy to say. I know I have my own insecurities and stuff. I know I should come out of that waves, but I need a hand. A hand that can pull me ashore.

But something in my mind told me I can trust them, I don't want to, not the time being.

I heard a shuffle in my surrounding. I slowly opened my eyes to met with a room, full grey and white coloured room.

"Hey, how are you?" the voice startled me. I immediately flinched due to my bad instincts and memories.

"hey, shh... I am not going to hurt you. I just wanted to know how do you feel" Alex asked me.

"Hi" I spoke in low voice. He chuckled at me.

"How did I ended up in this bedroom" I asked looking down.

"Do you remember you blacking out" he asked me carefully.

"mm" I nodded.

"we landed after 2 hours. But you were asleep, so I have to lift you and bring you here" he told me with a smirk. I hid myself in my palms. He chuckled.

Thinking about that, I have never seen him smile, I mean a full genuine smile.

When he was about to ask further we heard a knock. He went to open it to be greeted with Alexa. She sneaked inside.

"Hey, how are you? You are about to get married in few hours, in our marraige style. They have told me to help you arrange things. Would you mind coming with me?" she asked me with a sweet smile. I cant say no to that. So I immediately agreed.

"Bye uncle" she told me dragging me.

"Both of you please be safe" he yelled from his room.

"First let us choose a dress online with your size, they will deliver within few minutes" she told me dragging to the living room.

Oh my god, Tom was sitting there. I stopped in my track to make Alexa alert and she looked at source only to be snickered.

"Uncle, please don't make my little aunty scared" she told to Tom and sat near him. Why little aunty. I am not little. Felt offended by little, playfully.

"I wont move from here, this is my home. I have all the right to be where ever I want and whenever I want. Tell your little aunty to get used to it" he told her, which was obviously to me. I stood there not knowing what to do.

"Do you want special invitation to sit?" he asked me harshly. I nodded a big no and sat near Alexa, my safe place. I know he will not do anything to Alexa. She kept a hand on my shoulder like a protection.

After a long round of online shopping we started to bicker. She told me about everyone's secret and weakness. I could see a smile forming in the face of the devil. Oh my god he can smile.

But his smile immediately dropped and looked at me. Then I heard Alexa laughing.

"Yah, I have told him many times to smile. But he doesn't. That is how he is" She told me. But when she was about to continue, Justin called her to have a private convo, specifically.

Tom cleared his throat and gave me a glare and told me "We will do an X-ray to see your ribs once the programs are over".

"ok. Um ...Programs?" I asked him.

"Yes, apparently. According to Jus we have to arrange two marriages, one Indian and other American" he told me with a mild tone.

"So, let us go to my room" Alexa yelled making me flinch at the voice. I was on the verge to have a panic attack. But thank god, not in front of them. I was able to manage this time like a pro, which I am usually not able to do.