Chapter 13

Alex POV

Mason is our trusted brother. Whom we all really like. And he is just like Van, had trauma, except he has changed a lot after coming to our lives.

Now he is one of the scariest among all of us. The most brutal one, who knows how to bring out the truths from the enemies. I don't know how he will react when he see Van. Because he don't go well with outsiders. You know what I mean right...

And I don't know how she will react because he looks so scary with lot of muscle and tattoos. He really looks like a gangster. And I am sure she will be scared of him. I am sure she will be having another attack seeing him.

After breakfast, we all sat together and was waiting for Mason. Van have college today. But she has afternoon class. She was continuously wiping the palms which were really sweating. I held her arms, she looked at me. I gave her an assuring smile. Before she could reciprocate the smile, the door opened. We all looked towards the door. There standing, none other than Mason. He has his usual intimidating look.

I looked at Van, she seems like she's going to pass out any moment from now on. Before I could ask her anything she was swaying and the next moment she passed out. Thank God I got her, otherwise she would be hurting herself.

"You really scared her out" Stephen told him with disbelief. He was looking at her the same way she looked at him. Something is not matching. I laid her down on the couch checking her pulse. Meanwhile Justin took some water from near the couch and sprinkle it over her face. She opened her eyes. And held her head with the left hand rubbing it. I helped her to sit up.

"Are you okay ?" I asked her. She nodded to me and looked at Mason. Her eyes were teary, even his. Something is not matching here.

The next thing what I saw made me still. They were hugging each other like there is no tomorrow. And the next second I saw Van beating him with all her strength and Mason accepting each one of them happily. What? He never does that. Am I dreaming?

"You are not dreaming brother" Sam told me patting my shoulder.

"Could one of you have the honour to enlighten us with the story you have to share with?" Sam asked them, not so politely. Mason cleared his throat composing himself to his intimidating look.

"She is my biological sister, that I have told you guys about" he told with a grin on his face. Stephen chuckled and shook his head saying "what a small world!".

Then we heard a sniff, making us all turn our head to Van. She was crying. I immediately went and hugged her. She held her head to my chest crying and holding my shirt, afraid as if I will go away.

"I am here baby. I got you" I told her hugging her to me as she is in my lap.

"What the hell are you doing to my sister?" Mason growled standing up from his seat making Van flinch. Justin may have also seen that.

"Mason, watch your tone" Justin made him sit in the couch near me, near Van.

"There is many things you don't know Mason. Now she is his wife. They have every right to act the way they want" His eyes went wide.

"Why did you do that?" He asked him in a monotone.

"That you should ask her parents, who sold her to us. And we welcome her as our own sister, may be not blood, but she is every way sister to us. And she has accepted us all" Justin looked at Van. Who gave a nod smiling at Justin.

I heard Mason sigh. "This is way more than I could accept in a day. I thought she was safe with them."

"She was everything but safe there" it was Tess this time. Coming to her side and kneeled in front of her.