Chapter 9

Van POV

I woke up early considering my classes starts at 9 in the morning. And today's class is only up to 1 pm and then I am free. I got ready. Since the winter is about to start after class Alex told that we can get some comfy dresses too, if no emergency occurs.

Right now I am waiting for Tom in the garage. He told me he would catch up with me here.

"Van. I am here" Tom yelled from my back. Waiting for me to get in the white Mercedes Benz. I don't know which class though.

I ran upto the car and sat at the front.

"Are you ready. Shall we go." He asked me.

"I am more than ready to" I told him sarcastically.

He chuckled and shook his head.

"What? I told you the truth" I told him.
He raised his eyebrows and looked at me. I gulped down and looked out of the window.

"You are not scared of me now?" He asked me.

"I am trying not to" I told him. He smiled.

"You just smiled? Wow something really is going to happen today"

"You are in great mood with great confidence today I suppose" he asked me with amusement evident in his tone.

"Yah. I at least owe this to Justin. He is trying a lot to... you know... to get us together" I told him.

"Yah. I can understand. I will try my best too" he nodded to himself.

He parked the building in front of a big building.

"Ok. So here is the thing. If at all anything happens. Be it anything, call us immediately, any of us. Ok. And try to call me first too" he told me making me raise my eyebrows at him.

"don't give me that look" Tom growled. I nodded immediately .

"and... Please be careful. You can collect your timetable from the front desk" I nodded. He looked at me, expecting more.

"I understood" I told him and got down.

"Sam will pick you up in the afternoon. See you at home Van"

"see you bye" I looked at him awkwardly and waved.

I walked to the front desk. It was easy to find because there was a map in front of the gate. I took a photo of it for future use. I collected the timetable and walked up to my class A. And the lady from the front desk told me I would be receiving my timetable of the coming days from the website of University.

Since today is the first day of university, every one of the students have to get to know each other. It's compulsory. I walk to the class to see only boys. Oh my luck, note the sarcasm. Everyone was talking to each other and I sat on the third bench where there was only one guy who was sitting. I sat quietly.

Suddenly the class became silent . Then I saw an old man around early 40s. He gave us all a welcome smile.

"okay everyone. I would be happy if you all could introduce yourself" He told us.

Eventually, everyone started to introduce themselves . At last it was my time to introduce myself .

I stood up and "hello everyone. My name is Vandana Hemmings. It's so nice to see you all. Thank you."

Our mentor looked at me and smiled. We shook hands like the rest of them did.

Everyone clapped and smiled at me.
"seems like you are the only woman in the class. All the best with that." he laughed loud. I smiled nervously. Oh god. What is me with boys. Everytime.